I need 100 of you...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

couta0938

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm doing some research on solo diving and the buddy system, with a view to find out just how much safer, if at all, diving with a buddy is than diving solo.

It's nothing difficult, 10 questions and two optional text boxes. It'll take five minutes max, but my statistics tell me most people complete the 10 questions and fill in one text box within 220 seconds :wink:

Thanks for your time,
Andy

Mod note: URL delted from intial post per member's request

Done. Why the research?

I'm studying a Bachelor of Arts Honours degree in Outdoors Education and Adventure Recreation. This is my final research project, 25% of my total mark. :)

OK, I answered your questions. But I doubt you're going to get anything useful out of this survey. The results are not going to change the opinion of anybody who's already got their mind set on way or the other.

Turtle Diver:
OK, I answered your questions. But I doubt you're going to get anything useful out of this survey. The results are not going to change the opinion of anybody who's already got their mind set on way or the other.

Don't think there was any expressed intent to change opinion, just to lay out the "facts" based on the survey.

If you look at the "facts" regarding cigarette smoking, how much do you think they have changed the opinions of smokers? Of course here in California many have quit, but I still see a LOT of smoking in visiting groups from other areas of the States, Europe and Asia. You would think those "facts" would cause everyone to quit, but they don't.

Hi Mark,
The survey is not intended to change opinions. It is purely for collecting qualitative data (i.e. statistics) that I can use as references to support my various arguments.

Thanks anyway,
Andy

Is it limited to divers with more than 1yr experience? (no choice on the survey for <1yr)

couta0938:
Hello all,
I'm doing some research on solo diving and the buddy system, with a view to find out just how much safer, if at all, diving with a buddy is than diving solo.

I've been solo diving for 30+ years, after a few panicked "buddies" proved that the buddy system has, IMHO, lots of potential hazards. The DIR folks have made a lot of progress in this regard, however; I still beleive that divers should be self reliant and equipped accordingly. I hope you will post your survey results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom