Seattle diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I said, let me know if you are coming up and what restrictions you may have regarding location and transportation and stuff and I'll give you some more specific suggestions for dive sites. Also, even though they don't update it any more, there's a great page that lists a lot of Puget Sound dives here . (I disagree with their review of Octopus Hole, but they never made it to the wall so they missed the best part).

danceswithoctopus speaks the truth, the diving here is great. Mostly we shore dive with easy entries. Be sure to tell us when you are coming and we can arrange for some dives for you!

-K

from the shore? Oh, heaven! Have you read my recent posts about being pounded into a chili paste by waves onto rocks? That is actually of greater value to me than warm water. I think I need to make plans for a trip.

Waves? What's that?

:)

Check the pic on my profile: that's me and the little dude doing a shore entry at Alki--notice the typical wave action. That's Puget Sound for ya.

When you coming up?

Art Chick-

It will depend on the day you want to dive as to how to choose the dive site.

The entry and currents at Alki are always easy. It is a bit silty there but there are some wonderful critters.

Edmonds Underwater Park (yes, an u/w park) has lots of big critters and easy entry but a relatively long surface swim and it is a shallow dive. You really have to time the current there. This is a marine sanctuary and I swear the fish know it! The bottom is carpeted with ling cod and cabezon.

I think a 7MM wetsuit should be fine if you are doing one dive. Usually, August would be a good time to dive wet because you will warm right up after you get out.

However, the forecast for next week is for the weather to SUCK! You will simply have to duck into one of the thousands of coffee shops to warm up, I guess.

sea nmf once bubbled...
However, the forecast for next week is for the weather to SUCK! You will simply have to duck into one of the thousands of coffee shops to warm up, I guess.

And you believe them? Predicting weather in Seattle is as accurate as if it was done with a coin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom