U/K Mask Light Causing Flooding?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlent

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I bought a U/K mask light (the one that takes AA batteries) and when I wear it with my scubapro mask, the mask leaks quite a bit. Without the light attached, the mask doesn't leak at all. Has anyone else had this problemo?

dlent:
Hi,

I bought a U/K mask light (the one that takes AA batteries) and when I wear it with my scubapro mask, the mask leaks quite a bit. Without the light attached, the mask doesn't leak at all. Has anyone else had this problemo?

Hi Dlent,
I have this light and attached it to an older mask (which was a small, very low volume mask). on that particular mask, the weight of the light did in fact make the mask leak. I have a SeaVision mask now, and it does not leak at all with the light attached.

the light is great for reading gauges, etc.. but of course it can blind your buddy if you look directly at him/her while trying to communicate. while the idea of hands-free light is nice, i don't really use mine much at all.

I have two lights and they actually make my mask fit better. They pull the strap into a better position to keep leaks out. Maybe you need one for the other side to balance things out :D.

Back
Top Bottom