Laser Hair Removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swiss women do not have hairy anything.....except for old ladies, most younger women in Western Europe and Russian women are almost or completely smooth and bare everywhere.

Ayisha:
You have to make sure that you are getting one of the newer high wavelength (preferably 1000+) machines, and one that can do all skin and hair types. The cheaper older machines are not advisable. There are also a lot of places opening up that advertise "laser-like" treatment, or even really cheap laser machines that are about the heat of a lightbulb. You will get little or no results from these types of machines. Buyer beware!

I'll definitely second this advice! My clinic uses a GentleLase laser, which is one of the best on the market (according to them and the research I've done). I think prices are definitely based on where you live, etc., but I paid $275 for 5 underarm and the same for bikini line. My lower legs are costing just over $600 for 5 treatments with a 3-year guarantee (I can go back as many times as I need to for 3 years to get rid of all the hair).

The clinic says that after 5 treatments I should have a 90% (or better) permanent reduction in hair, but that can vary from person to person. With the excellent results I'm seeing, they anticipate closer to a 98% reduction. I figure that I can deal with 2-5% of the hair I used to have. :07:

OMG where is this????

It is SO expensive here.

I was really self conscious about hair on my upper lip and had that done and paid a total of about $1000 for it (about 5 years ago I think). It hurt like hell too.

I'm thinking I'd love to do the bikini line, pits AND legs, but figured it would be too much $$$ and figured the pits would hurt like hell.

Just thought this post was great .. been seriously thinking bout this for ages .. I am a waxer myself .. so it doesnt affect my diving, I just "prepare" for it .. I do advise a couple of days before diving at least .. still .. laser treatment does solve the problem in all aspects of my life .. if im not plucked .. well I just dont feel clean .. :11:

Hmmmm I've waxed, Naired, Nads-ed, shaved, Veet-ed and even plucked. This sucks. So how much is lasering?

Oh wait....this is a thread for women, my bad.

Well, men get laser hair removal as well. Couldn't tell you about that though. :11:

It was a semi-joke....I don't have money for it anyways..I spend to much on dive gear!

Some one would get rich off of me! LOL

Girls everywhere are going smooth but here, somehow hairy has taken hold again. ewwww! Are we ahead or behind the times?

OK Ladies, would this make a good Xmas gift for a gal? Chainsaws don't trust me!

Wildcard, it would make a great gift for a woman who WANTS it. Certainly wouldn't spring it on a woman who didn't express interest in it before....that would rank up there with a bucket and mop as a gift! :wink:

Kristi, I think LHR has come down a lot in price in the past 5 years. Plus, at least around here (WA state), a lot of places will give excellent discounts for multiple sites, so if you express that you want pits, bikini, and legs you might see the price come down substantially.

Ok I read the other thread and I still have a question. How does the pain factor compare to waxing? I've been waxing everything on and off for like ten years and I can definately deal with that pain level. Legs and pits not a problem. Bikini is a little different though since occaisonally I do a semi-Brazillian and I certainly wouldn't mind it staying that way if LHR wasn't any worse than waxing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom