Belize recommendation-Family Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajane

Registered
Reaction score
I am organizing a dive trip for a group of families with kid divers. I have been to Ambergris Caye and loved the look of Ramon's. Everyone seems up for Ramon's but I have seen more negative reviews than postive. Xanadu looks also very good. We are a group of families that met in Anthony's Key( all of the kids are certified divers) and loved it. We are not looking for the ultimate resort and have reasonable expectations but we are looking for a great dive operation that can accommedate the kids and also the adults yet be safe place for the kids to have fun. A short walk into town, a safe place for the kids, and onsite food are needed. Does anyone have any recommedations. Many thanks!!!

It is a blast.....great group....We did St Vincent's this year....Belize next year...

I would recomend Bananna beach as I stayed there for 10 days this last april. Great staff, nice rooms with ice cold AC and kitchenettes and with the price of your hotel room is free breakfast daily and its not no continental style breakfast, its some damn scrumptious fresh fruit, fresh squeezed OJ, eggs, pastries...mmmmmmmmm. Although it is a bit farther from town, usually took me about 20 - 30 mins to walk into town depending on how many beer stops I made.

We have stayed at Ramons and a couple other places. If I was going with a group of diverse familys and didn't want to rent a big condo then Ramons would be my choice. Great pier and an excellent dive operation, look up Touriano Vasquez and his mate Juan Carlos and you will have found one of the best DMs on the island. Ask for him at Ramons dive shop and tell him that David and Debra sent you. Ramons is an easy walk to everything you could need, restaurants, grocery stores, shopping, internet cafe, banks, etc. Good luck

I stayed there and dived with Ramons. Convenient to town. Walk to dive boats. Rooms are clean and well maintained. NO TV for the kids. Food is average. i didnt see anything better for being close to town.

Draw back is the beach has high traffic and is open to public. However, all of San Pedro beach area is like that. Business's and resorts on a narrow beach. Kids do occasionally walk up to you wanting to sell you junkie jewelry etc.

I would stay at Ramons if I was to go back to Ambergris Caye. Ramons dive operation is excellent.

Consider Sunbreeze - good pool and decent food and v close to town - i'd dive with Amigos del mar - you would more than likely fill your own boat with whoever you dive with - never heard a bad work about Protech either!

hil71:
never heard a bad work about Protech either!

I dove with protech and their staff was great, very eager to point out interesting fish or corals. Never dove with Amigos Del Mar but I did stop in to check them out, and since I was going to be renting gear (BC and reg) I checked their gear and it was trashed. The rental gear at protech however was top notch gear, the stuff looked brand new and was in awesome shape.

scubajane hope you got my PM and I hope the info was helpful to you.

Ramons is very convenient. Most other places are quite a long (golf cart) ride. Please note that Banana Beach is closed at Chistmas time and Ramones is already booked up for that time period.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom