SMART COM nodetection by IRDA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have the smartcom dive computer. My PC recognizes my IRDA device and says working properly, however the Smart trak software that comes with is says when trying to connect: Not detected with uwatec dive computer.

I do not have Mcaffee, I have turned off all my Norton stuff and it is still not detecting it does anyone have any suggestions,

Thank you

Hold the smart com right up to the infra red device. I mean actually touching hte device with the little window on the smartcom. Then you'll get it transferred.

Al Mialkovsky:
Hold the smart com right up to the infra red device. I mean actually touching hte device with the little window on the smartcom. Then you'll get it transferred.

The smart trak program is not recognizing my IRDA, once it detects it then maybe it would see the console. I should just buy the Uwatec IRDA you think

My IRDA is just a generic one. Are you actually making contact between the IRDA and the smartcom?

I interface with the Uwatec device...unless I place the window directly adjacent the device, it will not detect...can't tell ya' how many times the transfer terminated because I had sneezed!

O'Malley:
I interface with the Uwatec device...unless I place the window directly adjacent the device, it will not detect...can't tell ya' how many times the transfer terminated because I had sneezed!

I bought a Smart Com a couple of weeks ago and have exactly the same problem. I bought a generic IR dongle and the best result I've had yet is that the data starts transferring but then the connection is lost after maybe 5 or 6 seconds. I've spoken to the agent who has been trying out various dongles available on the market, but none of them work either. This is strange as they have sold the Smart Com to other clients who download successfully with generic dongles. Status at the moment is that theyve ordered Uwatec dongles from abroad (everything has to be shipped to Malta from overseas as we're an island) while the search continues for a compatible device amongst the generics...

I have had my Smartcom for over 2 years and have an old Dell Insiron 8000 with built in IRDA and it works fine. I have to open the plastic protector cover and set the dive computer on its side. I also get it about 3-5 inches from the IRDA on my laptop. Open the software and be be sure to turn on the dive computer by bridging the E and B contacts, then either click Transfer Dives under the Dives menu or click Dive Computer Settings under the Options menu. You will get a small window called IrDa Monitor and it looks like a little flashlight moving around, it will disappear once you get a connection. Good Luck

PacificFlyer

Same problem here
Dell Latitude, Dell Inspiron 7500, and three different IR receivers including Uwatec's own IR receiver. Searched this forum for answers, searched the web to no avail. If the darn thing did not cost so much, I would have taken a 223 power head to its brain…..

If I don't make physical contact it won't work, that's the only time I've had a failure and I've downloaded hundreds of dives already.

There's also a limit on the IR data transfer rate. IF your Ir port is st too hig it won't talk to the SmartCom. Try setting it to 19,200 in the Windows control panel and the device manager.

motoxscuba:
I have the smartcom dive computer. My PC recognizes my IRDA device and says working properly, however the Smart trak software that comes with is says when trying to connect: Not detected with uwatec dive computer.

I do not have Mcaffee, I have turned off all my Norton stuff and it is still not detecting it does anyone have any suggestions,

Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom