Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific - Volunteer Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lexy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is anyone a Volunteer Diver @ the LB Aquarium of the Pacific? I'm curious to hear your feedback, etc. as I'm considering the dive volunteer opportunity. Sounds like a lot of fun....

Any 411 is greatly appreciated, as always!

I have several buddies who are and they all seem to enjoy it quite a bit.

I wonder if they have issues with dive volunteers if we are using our closed circuit rebreathers.....

scottfiji:
you can't use any of your own equipment, you have to use their BC/reg, so you don't bring in foreign junk; I believe you have to be rescue trained also, FYI

Did for 2+ years. Scott's right. You can use your own wetsuit, mask, and things like that. BC and reg must be theirs, mostly for liability purposes.

Must have 50+ dives, be rescue certified, have a dive physical, pass written test, scuba skills test, maintain current CPR and 02, and commit to one 4 hour shift per week. requirements may have changed some since I did it.

Cool benefits are the scientific diver program, 02 and CPR classes at (ridiculously low) cost, and diving with sharks every week.

It's a fun "job"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom