Plantar warts..how not to spread them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
I have plantar warts on one of my feet. I've been treating them with a very strong O/C treatment that my doc. recommended and I thought I had them on the run but now they seem to have called in the renforcements and instead of 2 I now have like 5. :yuck:
They aren't bothering me except I really do not want to give them to other people :blush:
I dunno how I got them since I always wear my flip flops at the pool and I had the first one prior to using the pool anyway.
Today I was at the pool and was very careful about not letting my bare feet touch anything while switching from scuba boots to sandals.

Besides this how can I minimize the risk of giving them to other people?

Get rid of them, realistically that's your best bet. Otherwise you're probably doing all you can do. Wear socks/sandals etc.

Treatments include:
Duct tape (works, but not very well), cryo freezing (very good), hysto-freeze (not as good as cryo), scapel (usally in conjuction with other treatments), salicylic acid (OTC and works well).

See if you can get a dermo. consult to get them freezed. Any treatment course has to get down to the "root" to prevent it from coming back. Also you can use like a pumice stone after showering to wear them down.

Freezing works best. Just go see the doc. I had the same prob. as you did. I started with 2, tried to get rid of 'em, and they spread to 5 or 6.
Went, had the little buggers freezer burned, hurt like h*ll, limped around for a couple of weeks, but they're gone.

A word of advice, get them froze before they get too big, because the deeper they grow, the longer it takes to freeze them and the more they hurt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom