Rocket Ascents... Can divers breach like a fish (split from Accident in Mich)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish:
Pants, you have a lot of good advice to give and you are an asset to the Board but don't know what your dive experience level is. Have you been diving long?
I think Pants has you on ignore. Just give it up.

gangrel441:
But the 180 lb object would require more force to get it airborne because it is fighting harder against gravity. Otherwise, you could use the same two fingers to throw the 2 lb object in the air as to throw the 180 lb object.

Very true!
In our case of the runaway ascent however, all energy ( speed ) is imparted by lift in the water - once the object clears the surface only it's speed matters.

wedivebc:
Do you have any data on the effects of supersonic flow for that particular gas?

just look around this board :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Lake
If the 180# object and the 2# object are made of the same material and have the same basic shape so as to have an equal air resistance they will travel to the same height at the same speed and then fall to the earth at the same speed also
true , but do not have to be same material and we need to ignore air resistance
gangrel441:
But the 180 lb object would require more force to get it airborne because it is fighting harder against gravity. Otherwise, you could use the same two fingers to throw the 2 lb object in the air as to throw the 180 lb object.
true

CIBDiving ... thats where I saw it (the feather/hammer post) , thanks (I do remember it too)

DB

Robert Phillips:
LOL..or he knows it bugs him

D_B:
true , but do not have to be same material and we need to ignore air resistance

We cannot ignore resistance as it is greatly mangnified while assending through the water and is a very important part of the equation for breaching.

Robert Phillips:

I think Rec Diver has put us all on his ignore list. :D

I honestly think Rec Diver is sitting there, reading this thread, honestly thinking that we're all idiots for not believing him :wink:

pants!:
I honestly think Rec Diver is sitting there, reading this thread, honestly thinking that we're all idiots for not believing him :wink:
Hey....fill out your profile why don't ya.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom