Rocket Ascents... Can divers breach like a fish (split from Accident in Mich)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saipanman:
Too much single malt scotch. Or not enough, I'm not sure which.

Yeah, it's the balance that causes the problem. Are three too few, five too many . . . and the greatest danger is . . . running out.

Stan :06:

serambin:
and the greatest danger is . . . running out.

Stan :06:

Amen to that.

So, it looks like we've all learned that you're not gonna see a diver shoot up and lift his fins all the way outta the water unless:

he is wearing Wile E. Coyote rocket fins
you're both in Bizzaro Earth
he's upsidedown
you're smoking some MAJOR Crack

Saipanman:
So, it looks like we've all learned that you're not gonna see a diver shoot up and lift his fins all the way outta the water unless:

he is wearing Wile E. Coyote rocket fins
you're both in Bizzaro Earth
he's upsidedown
you're smoking some MAJOR Crack
pushed by a whale
scooter from converted torpedo
skyhook
darkmatter ... WIMP's or MACHO's

DB

lamont:
I'm drinking Oban right now. How much lift does that give me?
Depends on what you're eating with it ... oops ... wrong thread ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

All of you guys forgot about the Continuum Transfunctioner. It's mystery is only exceeded by it's power, so having it would most certainly enable a diver to breach. Sheesh, and you call yourselves physicists........ :crafty:

serambin:
What a waste of good meat . . . I mean, like have a BBQ instead dude.

Stan

It's not a waste, it's a brine and makes the meat tasty!

Terry

I think the Myth Busters prefer to tackle myths that have at least a remote possibility of being true. The idea that a diver could ascend fast enough to get even a substantial portion of his/her anatomy out of the water is a non-starter. It isn't even a myth. It is literary hyperbole.

If the Myth Busters used a test dummy it would be a very boring experiment. If, on the other hand they could get someone who believes this is possible to try a super-expedited ascent from say, 130', then the show might not only be interesting but it could segue into an episode of Emergency 911. :D

lamont:
I'm drinking Oban right now. How much lift does that give me?

NOT Enough! Any true single malt drinker would opt for Midleton Irish whisky (the Irish invented it). Ahhh.... Oban's okay .... better than those Islay ... all that peat ... you'll never achieve terminal velocity. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom