Kingston top 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver gadget

Contributor
Reaction score
A group of us are going out to Brockville the second week in September and renting a Houseboat for the week. We have done many dives in the Brockville area so are familiar with these wrecks.

We have not much experience with the Kingston wrecks and figure we should give them a try. So what are your top 5 wrecks in the Kingston area??

Second part to the question is how is the whole Canadian US boarder thing working lately?? Are they becoming a little less demanding as far as checking in and out after diving a US wreck??

Did 2 dives on the Keystorm on Sunday, you still must check in with U. S. customs on Hart Island before diving any wreck in American waters and check in with Canadian customs when returning. There are harsh penalties if you don't follow proper proceedures, must have passport or 2 pieces of accepted id or the whole boat gets turned back.

Was out on Sat., had to check in. They open at 10:00 so you can plan accordingly. You have to check in person for US Customs/Immigration but I think (?) that you can phone in to Canada Customs/Immigration.

As for Wrecks, what are your interests/limitations? Will there be beginners (ie. limited to 60 ft) ? Can everyone go to 130? Are you interested in penetration or extended range?

I have limited experience in Kingston but really liked the two I did - Munson and Wolfe Islander II. Diving Gal is planning a Kingston weekend in September. She has more experience here and could suggest other good wrecks to see.
Check out the web site http://kingstondiving.com/wrecks
Have fun - Kingston is a pretty city also.

1 Marsh 2 Sheboygan 3 Davie 4 Wolfe Islander 5 Comet
Diver Gadget, be very careful going on the Lake with a houseboat make sure the winds are going to be 15 knots or less. Houseboats are not fun in 3 foot+ seas.
If you need GPS #'s send me a e-mail
PS we now have a mooring line on the Katie Eccles but it's 22 miles out

Marsh is great. then Davie, then Comet, then Munson. For deeper diving, there are more out towards Alexandria bay, like the Jodrey. Ditto what DiverDude said about the houseboat. It can get rough around Kingston. The Wolfe Islander II is very well sheltered.

B'the by. There is a great pub in Brockville called the Keystorm (named after the wreck) and a ton of great bars and restraunts in kingston (Kingston Brewing Company, River Mill (Pricey but great food) some good Irish pubs)

That's about all I can add in.

Thanks for the replys there people. I have ahad a little experience with the house boat and some good size waves. Got caught sideways when some waves felt like they were going to tip us over. Probably far from the truth but not fun none the less. We just plan on taking our time and weather depending dive as much as possible.

One other question, AIR FILLS, where are the stores out in that area?? I have a few in mind or have looked them up. We will be looking for stores that are right close to or on the water in Brockville or Kingston and anywhere in between??

in kingston you can get good fills at limestone divers,
in between Mallorytown has a great shop called Dive tech, it is between Brockville and Gan. Central to dives like the Keystorm or the Rockport wreck.

1624 Hwy 2 East Mallorytown
613 923 5101

Ask for Dan

You forgot to mention Source for Sports, and Northern Tech Diver for fills.

The best wreck is the City of Sheyboygan and then the Davie in my humble opinion.

Jimmy B

Back
Top Bottom