Nice Beach Condos on Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Addict

Contributor
Reaction score
4 Divers going to Maui - looking for beachfront condos (or similar). Plan on doing many shore dives and a few boat dives.

Does anyone have any recomendations on specific condos? We are looking for semi-nice/romantic (like beachfront.../semi secluded?)

We've stayed at Morritt's Tortuga on Grand Cayman, and that was ideal :D - if there are similar type properties in Maui?

Thanks! The more suggestions on where to stay - the better!

Addict

Any specific price range?

The Kihei Surfside is nice, and fits most budgets (check out aaoceanfront.com for the best rates I've found).

Of course, there's always the Grand Wailea... :)

KrisB:
Any specific price range?

The Kihei Surfside is nice, and fits most budgets (check out aaoceanfront.com for the best rates I've found).

Of course, there's always the Grand Wailea... :)

Price range ~ 150-200/night for a 1 bedroom(stay is 10 days starting in late June.)

aaoceanfront.com - these appear to be in our price range. Any recommendations from this list or others?

VRBO is a pretty good place to check out rentals. We stayed for an entire month in a studio and paid just 1200 for the month. But we were on the cheap.

http://www.sugarbeachresort.net/

This is where my wife and I stay. Centrally located, a nice long sandy beach to walk on. A short drive to Kiehi for boat diving. The complex is not secluded on some far away corner of the island, but it is quiet. Ample parking. While all of the units are privately owned there is a hotel type desk for check in and check out, really simple. Look at the floorplans, the living rooms are right on the ocean or pool with the bedrooms set further back in the units. If you make your reservation here they can assist with rental car arrangements as well.

When my wife and I go to Maui, we don't even look for another place we just stay here.

Mark Vlahos

Hey whenever we are in the islands we usually stay in vacation rentals. It is so much easier to rent gear and stuff and keep it in the car or unload and clean up at a house. Sometimes you get lucky and find a good price on beachfront homes and can just hit the water by foot. Rare to find one next to a great dive spot though. We find our Maui vacation rentals at hawaiianbeachrentals.com they have tons of listings. Happy trails (bubble trails that is)

We stay next to the sugar beach at Kihei Sands. Very small, only 30 units, however the people are great and it is right on the beach. The beach is okay...not great for boogie board, just okay for snorkeling. We spend our beach/water time at the Kamoale beaches in town. Good critters to see and tutltes. Kihei Sands is on the north edge of Kihei, but close to B&B Scuba for fills and all great diving is close.

Hope you have a great time.

Dennis

If you don't mind more space for 4 people we have a 1200 sq ft 2 bedroom/2 bathroom +450 sq ft lanai in Wailea for a wee bit more than your budget. Close to Kehei boat launch, lots of great beaches and shore dives, Maui Dreams and B&B for tank,weight, and flag rental. Not beachfront (600 yards to the beach) but beachfront in Wailea usually is very expensive. Check it out if you like.

Marta & Stuart

The Palms are nice, not on the beach though as StuartT mentioned but very nice. I've been in several units. My very good friend is a manager of some of them and several other Kihei / Wailea properties. I could talk to her and see if she can get you a sweet hookup. She likes divers too!

Sugar Beach is also pretty cool but a little out there from the main town (N). You won't get the killer sunset from north Kihei in summer though. For that you need to be further south. West Maui blocks sunset a good part of the year. Wailea and Palms area get great romantic sunsets and I would think Kihei Surfside should see ocean drops. Trying to remember if Lanai is in the way from that area then...anyway (can you tell I like sunsets? Saw a sweet one yesterday...)

206694_1848585127901_1038890729_2072949_6184553_s.jpg

(Does anyone know how to make links to facebook photos? This one came out small. I used to be able to but now somethings different, anyway...)

You'd have to PM me if you'd like me to put the two of you in touch. Good luck with your search, lots to choose from and you can't go wrong anywhere here on Maui if you ask me!

Last edited:
We stayed at Maui Hill and it was wonderful. It is not really 'beach front' but it is a short walk from one of the best beaches. The BEST part about Maui Hill is that you just walk down some stairs and you are at the Kihei boat launch where most of the Kihei boat charters leave from. You would probably still need a rental car to get around.
We also stayed at Kamaole Sands which is even closer to the beach, but a little farther walk from the boat launch. Check out reviews on tripadvisor.com for the hotels you where might stay. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom