Mares Volo Power Open Heel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goodknight411:
I will second that opinion. The blasted things are so hard to use. Either you can't open them, or you can't get the fin off, or it pops open when you don't want it to....

But it's fixable. Either spend a little time *disabling* it, or just strech the strap over your heel and skip the whole clip bit, or get spring straps.

manta spring straps!!! $45 leisurepro. best money you'll ever spend.

Hmmm
some mixed views on the volos then. I was tempted to buy them because they look so hi tec and cool. Here in spain you pay 130 euros for them which is twice the price of any other fins. The quattros are common and seem pretty good . shame they didnt do them in black otherwise id have bought them.

I got cressi rondine a fins in the end ( they were black) seem pretty good and the clip straps work really well . No prblems getting them on or off even with neoprene gloves on

Tim220171:
Hmmm
The quattros are common and seem pretty good . shame they didnt do them in black otherwise id have bought them.

My brother has the Quattros in black... :06: Larry at ScubaToys has them.

ScubaSarus:
Size 12 boots. You sure you need fins?

Volo are awsom and are meant for under water diving with gear. Mine actually brok at the hinges from lots of rock RI shore dives. I used steel brackets and scews to fix the because I love them so much.

I also have Mare Quatros and love them also.

You'll get used to you volos and form a bond with them.
about 1.5 months later, and i love them
:)

i dove volos for my first 70 or so dives, then switched to jets when i got my drysuit...last week i went back to my volos cause i was in warm water and was back in a wetsuit..the volos felt so strange, like there was no fin, kicking was effortless..really makes you apprecite them, i now like both the jets and the volos for different reasons...makes me wonder if i should get a pair of quattros..

I have the Sherwood Kinesis EX the are made buy HEAD for Sherwood and LOVE THEM !

Back
Top Bottom