Suunto Vytec Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You've got to be kidding me. I just checked my computer and sure enough... recalled.

I've never had any issues thus far. I'm wondering what happens when it "crashes".

I read about using the simplan... which I have done.. and have had no problems...

Lastly I have a unit purchased in Europe and I live in the States, do you think that will be an issue?

Yikes.... :(

My understanding when talking to SUUNTO was that it is a world wide recall.
I would send it in and let them decide rather than you keeping it and hoping it dosn't crash.
It's not a nice feeling at 100' when it decides to stop responding.
Send it in....

TTFN
O2diver

There is no "Hope" about it crashing. Suunto have been very good and said exactly which circumstances produce the error. If you dont do this then there is NO problem.

So you can wait a while and use the computer in safety and when the initial delivery problems are sorted and there is new stock, take it in and get an immediate replacement.

Your right, Suunto has been very good about identifing the problem and what steps to follow so you do not crash the computer. Your idea of waiting sounds like a good one as long as you stay away from diving it in Nitrox mode and using the SIM function.

TTFN

I'm a lucky bastard I tell ya. My LDS is the best. Didn't buy my Vytec from them (although I have dropped some serious dough in the shop) but they gladly replaced my unit for a new one. Didn't even give me a bad time about buying it elsewhere.

Sweet. I feel much better now...

http://www.scuba-superstore.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom