Suunto Vytec Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It actually applies to all markets.

The Vytec I purchased falls within the serial number range

I heard it will take 4+ weeks for new ones to be available for purchase (not sure about replacements)

I'm still going to wait though....ahhh tables

According to Jim at Water, Etc. in Athens, he is supposed to get his replcements this next week or two. And I one of just 2 folks who got a "bad" computer.

You might call him and tell him I (mike farlow) sent you and see if he can't work out a competitive deal.

He can be reached through Athens Scuba Park. (Calvin runs the park, Jim runs the shop)

And come to think about it....kinda wish SUUNTO would have build their computers so that instead of bothering with the recall, we could get the software patch via their site and then download it via the Dive Manager program.

Kinda like you can upgrade the firmware in a digital camera.

Originally posted by TexasMike
Kinda like you can upgrade the firmware in a digital camera.

You mean kinda like the VR3?

Tom

OR instead of a recall they could have produced a fully tested product to start with!

Although perhaps that's the reason for the cost difference between the Vytec and the VR3!

Sticking to my trusty Uwatec and tables for now.

Have all of you Vytec owners rushed out and got Windows XP as well?

Later - Synical Dave.

Originally posted by WreckWriter

You mean kinda like the VR3?

Tom
not really....

I have been told most of the new style VR3s will have to be sent to the FACTORY (in the UK) for upgrade.. only the ones with the latest software are user upgradable..

TexasMike Thanks, but mine is already paid for and I'll get one as soon as they are in. (I suspect they are replacing units before they ship new units for purchase)
I'm kinda getting used to waiting for stuff. My reg/backplate/wings and now the vytec were all backordered.
;-0

Yeah I'm surprised they haven't been built with a flashable rom for upgrading the software. That would have saved them big bucks on this recall.

I believe I was the first in Canada to report the problem with the Vytec and had it sent back to Suunto for testing. I actualy crashed the replacement they sent me too before the recall. The latest I have heard on replacements is that they are shipping out July 26th to North America and it takes about a week. By the time they unload the containers and ship to the distributer could be another week. They still have to then go through their recall list and ship them out so your looking at another week. This puts them in your shops or your hands sometime towards the middle to end of August. So much for playing with the new toy this year.

TTFN
O2diver

Back
Top Bottom