teens with own gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dacor H.U.B BCD
Dacor Eagle (1st and 2nd stage, and octopus)
Scubapro Wetsuit
Atmos 2 computer
and a few other odds and ends :D

my 15 yr old son has my same setup:
scubapro mk10 1st stage
scubapro G250 reg
scubapro classic bc w/air II
oceanic x-site mask
Dacor fins
scubapro 3mil shortie
These regs are fantastic!

I am 16, and I have a set of gear (almost complete)

Aqua Lung titan
Sherwood Silhouette
Mares Avanti somethingorother fins
Mares Mask
UWATEC Nitrox Pro untra comp
prob more, but I am fergetting

I have been accumilating gear as time, and funds go on. I have paid for most/all of my gear myself, and am responsible for the maintance, as well as my dads... :-l

Been diving since I was 17 and got this when I was 17:
Genesis Cobra BCD
Sherwood Maximus Regulator
7mm farmerjohn wetsuit - also got an O'neil 7mm fullsuit now
Got a Dacor Extremelle with Air-Trim BCD 3 years ago.

Im interested in getting a drysuit and going tech a little - guy with tools syndrome I guess.

im 19 and have a couple of sets of twins, 3 poseidon jetstream regs, 1 scubapromk25/s600,1 sherwood oasis, 2 abyss diving systems regs, halcyon harness and bp, oms wing, scubapro jets w/ springs, 21 watt/9 ah salvo light, 2 40s, 2 80s, a dive rite back up light, viking drysuit, dui undies, some other fleece undies, like 5 sl4 lights, a camera, some pelican cases and a bunch of other crap, not to mention about 1000 dollars tied up in training, all paid for by me, a busser at a restraunt.

g'day fellas,
i m 16 and apart from my basic gear (fins, wetsuit, mask & snorkell), i m looking to purchase my first bit of actual gear, due to budget limitations, i m yet to have the money to buy both the BC and regulator at the same time.
what would you guys suggest? BC first or regulator first?
if so, what type/ brand would be a good choice for my first?
cheers
kenny

kjpwong:
g'day fellas,
i m 16 and apart from my basic gear (fins, wetsuit, mask & snorkell), i m looking to purchase my first bit of actual gear, due to budget limitations, i m yet to have the money to buy both the BC and regulator at the same time.
what would you guys suggest? BC first or regulator first?
if so, what type/ brand would be a good choice for my first?
cheers
kenny
I also suggest regs. Get one of the Apeks ATX series, and you will be set for the rest of your diving career. (Just don't get the ATX-40s)

thanks fellas.
when i look at regs, what should i look for first apart from brands? material? quality? durability?
also, when you guys say regs, does that include the alternative 2nd stage as well?

Back
Top Bottom