POLL : Oceanic Atom vs Suunto Mosquito

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, thanks guys for participating in the poll. To answer some questions.

The main reason for mosquito selection, not the D9 is the price factor. the atom here is just a notch tat pricer than the 'quito.

and sorry nwdiver, got no doe to splash for another one. I just purchased it last night -:)

now the result

atom- 7 votes (include me, 8)
'quito-8 votes

what da ya know.. its a tie, dead heat.

the non contestant were:

neither-1 vote
vyper- 1 vote
archimedes - 1 vote

will definitely post the review when i came back from redang island.

penyelam

Dear Penyelam thanks for the support, and business.

I too would have to choose the ATOM Rev. 2F, but I am a little bias.

Checkout the small CD that came with it, under DEMO, this will take you screen by screen making setting it up a breeze.

Feel free to drop us a line with any questions.
(800)435-3483 ext.226

Ron Landess:

Checkout the small CD that came with it, under DEMO, this will take you screen by screen making setting it up a breeze.

(800)435-3483 ext.226
Ron,
Welcome to scubaboard. We look forward to hearing from you on all things oceanic as well as your views on things non-oceanic. Glad to have you here.

never mind..............already a bought

Ron,

Suprisingly, the manual is pretty much straight fwd. ( we here use metric scale rather than the "other unit"). have it a go over the wekend at redang island (1 dive), and it performed admirably. hv not got a chance to test how it'll behave in repetitive dive environment, etc, since it was raining almost 24h the next day for which i've booked for 3 dives.

will be heading to tioman island next month to "stress" test the unit. so i'll put on hold of my promised review :crafty:

ps

Ron, actually i've conviced my dive buddy to purchase the atom the same day when i bought one. oceanic should give me a hefty discount for my next purchase of your product. :wink:

Ron Landess:

(800)435-3483 ext.226

there is no discremination here. 9 to atom.

Have not tried the Atom, but have had no problems with my Mosquito, although it's quite conservative!

#2 all the way.

Back
Top Bottom