I'm glad we are not as busy as you Gary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg D.

Contributor
Reaction score
Been off the boards for a while, Just busy I spose, took an hour or more to catch up with all thats going on in Idaho!

Not to much going on here in my neck of the woods. Had one recovery last month, an elderly man whose life jackets made it home before he did. We responded and made a few pointless dives, we had no last seen point and he had not been heard from for three plus hours. But yesterday he was fishing over there and fishing was good so he woulda been there again...... He was found two days later. Somehow he lost an anchor before his demise, it had 24ft or so of polypropylene rope on it, which floats and presented itself as a line of fish that went all the way to the bottom to a family friend who was out looiking. We went out with the uw cam and located him within an hour.

On a lighter not.. we got an awesome donation bout 4 days ago. a Scat hovercraft with about 25 hours on it, been in storage for years (old farmer toy) the guy that owned it passed on a few years back. His wife wanted to get rid of it so.... Will be a great tool with a few mods and a paint job! here is the model we have http://www.scat.com.sg/index2.html I'll post some pics when I get some!

Rocoverd a $50,000 boat Sunday, The guy just had the manufacturer install a swim platform and well it leaked, alot :11: but it was insured and we just so happen to be able to charge for such "conveniences" being volunteer and all its one way me maintain a budget, b ut anyway boy oh boy that was a nice boat!

A few other things pop to mind now that I'm thinking about it, If any of you remember the High speed pursuit from Moscow ID last year in the homicide case that ended in Vantage WA, with the two suspects tossing the guns in the Columbia river. We are gearing up to dive it again! Were hoping to get the divers from Seattle PD and Okanogan countys back again. Need all the divers we can get with 80+ft dives. Should be fun.

And I was gonna Ask Gary what the status is on the SS system? Any closer than before? Got that boat all rigged up yet?

Hi Stranger;

We’ve been busy enough. Beer, booze, wine, drugs and major stupid people keep us hopping.

If you can get your brass to contact our brass and ask for some bodies I’m sure we can get some there.

SS is still in the works. The last couple of months has put it and the boat on the back burner.

Stay safe and I’ll see if we have a solid date yet for the class.

Gary D.

I think that we would be alot busier if we were commishioned instead of volunteer, but with resources tapped it is probably not "cost effective". Other good new is looks like we might be getting a Jet boat as a hand me down from the SO... wow we would almost be official, our own dive boat :D oh and of course some thing to pull it with. I'll bwelive it when I see it.

That would be great if we could get some more bodies, I will talk to our Team leader about it for sure!

I dont think I will miss the DR-1 class even if it IS during hunting season, some things just got to be done!

Greg,

Is there a date set for the Vantage dive yet? I am still down in AZ and will be for many more weeks, but I do try to fly home for the weekend every 3 to 5 weeks.

By the way that dive we did at Upper goose lake in february is the last dive I've done. When I came down here they told me I would be able to go to the Sea of Cortez on the weekends, but they didn't tell me that I would be putting in 80 plus hours a week so that when the weekend comes all I can do is sleep and catch up on personal stuff.

Hope all is well,

Dan

No date set yet for a Vantage dive as far as I know, I dont think marv is all that enthused about going, I keep urging him to get it going but he is draggin his feet.

Eighty hours a week?!? ug Must be nice for the hourly guys and suck for the salary guys :wink: I havent made many more dives than you, six at the most. hard to find time and dive buddies.... And about the weekends Get yourself down to the Sea of Cortez and make a few dives, If you feel you are to tired, I got two words for ya, Red Bull :D

Let me know when you get back into town we of course have a silo dive to make :D Better hurry up or Im goin without cha.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom