Inspiration vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RGist:
Thoughts?

Depends on what you are going to use it for. I have an Inspiration with Vision electronics......I like the additional size of the dil cylinder for deeper stuff....wouldn't want to bailout on a 13cf pony and onboard 2 liter dil cylinder.......The Evolution for 100-150 foot stuff might be ok on the 2 liter with a larger than 13 cf bailout.....

The Evolution is just a joy to maneuver around underwater.....the Inspiration is much slower going then open circuit guys in wetsuits versus Inspiration divers in drysuits...

The HUD is in the wrong postion for me personally.....it needs to be more centered than off to the left......it is right in the way of my gauge reader magnifiers.....if you put it on the right, you have to order the HUD that way so it matches the manual, but then it is in the way of photographers and videographers......that is why I think centrally mounted an inch off center would be perfect, as it stands now,
trying to read the wrist-set with the HUD, even the low profile one could be better....

The scrubber temp stik monitor is awesome!

Someone needs to make some cushioned neoprene holders to protect the handset when not on one's wrist.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom