Seeking Info on Alexandria Wrecks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Anyone have the following info or know of ANY links for the following dives, such as depth, GPS coordinates, history, etc. on:

Catherine, Jodery, Islander & Mariposa dives?

Are any of them 'novice rated?'

??????

Jodery in a advanced tec dive and SHOULD NOT be dove without proper training. start depth 160'
If you mean the "Wolfe Islander" great novice dive
N 44'13.544 W 76'25.043 Check my web page for info

Hi,
Where do the coordinates appear on your web site - or do they?

OK, Any NOVICE stuff by Alexandria Bay area?

15 to 60 ft, Novice to Intermediate.
On the shoreline of Alexandria Bay north of the Hospital. ( I believe there is a mooring bouy seen from shore)
Divers park in the town lot in front of the pavilion in Alexandria Bay to the west of the hospital, where they suit up before walking across to the east end of the pavilion and down the hill to the dock, the entry point. The wreck site is between 100' and 150' downstream of this dock. The wrecks downstream starboard side is a bit lower than the port side, offering an unecessary sheild from the slight current. The stern sits in 15' of water; while the intact bow is settled deeper in 60'. The considerable boating traffic warrants using a dive flag.

Copied from The Great Lakes Diving Guide by Cris Kohl

Get a copy of it Scuba446, it gives skill levels, coordinates, and tells a little about each wreck.

the book lists:
Roy A Jodery 140-242' Technical
Catherine 60' Advanced

Hmnm,
I have a dive book I bought on the St. Lawrence, with a guy decked out in an orange wetsuit - but it does not list any specific dives for Alexandria bay....hmm, maybe I need your book..

Ahh,
I have been using the book, DIVER'S GUIDE TO THE UPPER ST. LAWRENCE RIVER by "Skip" Couch.

In the emediate area of A-bay you have the wrecks of the Jodery, peel and catharine. I have never dove the catherine but have been leed to believe there is very little of interest The jodery and peel are deep. If you have a boat or charter you are a relatively short drive to (going west) the oconto and the vickery. The oconto is very deep again but the vickery could be dove if you have good skills and stick to the deck of the ship only. (going east) you could reach the Keystorm or America, the key storm is the better of the two for novice divers.( stay to the wheel house) if you realy are a novice, near central grenadier there are the remains of a few wrecks in very shallow water ten to twenty.

cheers

The Islander is in 20'-60' of water and is a shore dive. You can get to it right behind the hospital in Alexandria Bay.

Great dive. 50'-60' of visibility.

Whats the name of the hospital?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom