Looking for Good scuba Instructor on Perhentian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptHaddock

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I am just going diving but me friend wants to take her licence. So I'm looking for a place for her to learn (preferably PADI) and a place for me to dive. Don't like crowded boats but don't want to be diving off sampans either. So anybody have ideas and perhaps a hotel to stay nearby, comfortable, attached bathroom, AC...

and I'm still undecided on Perhentian Besar or kechil.

Hi there.. :)

Was in Perhentian in late March, stayed at Coral View Resort, which is excellent... accommodation-wise that is, they have these little huts with a nice little patio... :) pretty nice to lazy around... loos are excellent, no shower heads over holes, (if you noe what i mean)

I dived with Perhentian Island (i think that's what its called), its a dive shop operated by the resort NEXT to coral view... it's pretty much a one man show, and i went there during the low season, so a bunch of us had pretty good service.. :) the instructor is this scottish guy called Gerry... he was quite attentive to our needs.. :) might wanna check that out... but he'll be there till sept.. i think...

Well that's my 2 cents worth of diving in Perhentian.. dun forget to go near the reefs at Coral View.. i saw 2 1.5 metre black tip reef sharks while snorkel... way too cool.. lemme noe how ur dive trip goes. =-)

Thanks for the info, would that be on besar or kechil? And how much did you pay for your room?

Try Watercolours Dive Centre at Paradise resort. They are just a few steps away from Coral View Island resort in Besar. I got my OW certification with them a few years back. Very professional. Try to look for Mike or Anke. You can find their contact at www.perhentianferry.com.my, a travel agent (however, DO NOT book your tour thru them, they have CLOSED shop!).

Hi,

If you're going to Perhentian Kecil, Coral Sky Divers is one of the better ones. They have friendly and safety-conscious instructors/divemasters and well-maintained equipments. The contact person is Erika. She may give you a discount if you do a minimum number of dives, ask her for it.

You can contact her at +60-10-9101963 or email coralskydivers@yahoo.com

The website is here.

They also have UW videotaping service, which is excellent (I had two videos taken) and they can also convert it to VCD.

Have fun!

hi,
stick to Perhentian Besar if you want A/C and better accomodation. If clean is good enough, then head over to Long Beach for one of the nicest stretch of sand you can find. Long beach is on Perhentian Kecil.
Most of the operators on both islands are up to standard. And YCW is right, Perhentian Ferry provides good info but they are not updated on a lot of things. There are a more operrators there than the list says. You can message me if you need more info on the island, I do trips for friends heading down there. Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom