Mares Volo Power Open Heel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got my feet into a pair of the new Mares Limited Edition Quattro Excel Fins....

Ohh baby these rock, they have the stiffness of the Quattro with the power of the Volo. I am in LOVE. After 10 years of faithful service my Old green Quattro’s have been retired.

Cheers
Chris

Sydney_Diver:
Got my feet into a pair of the new Mares Limited Edition Quattro Excel Fins....

Ohh baby these rock, they have the stiffness of the Quattro with the power of the Volo. I am in LOVE. After 10 years of faithful service my Old green Quattro’s have been retired.

Cheers
Chris

I don't see these fins on any of the Mares websites. Can you describe them & tell us how they are different from the "regular" Plana Avanti Quattros?

SubMariner:
I don't see these fins on any of the Mares websites. Can you describe them & tell us how they are different from the "regular" Plana Avanti Quattros?

Here's the link on ScubaToys: Mares Limited

gfisher4792:
Here's the link on ScubaToys: Mares Limited

Kind of hard to tell the difference without some better detail, but whatever rings your chimes. :wink:

BTW, both Pearce & I disabled the :censored:"locking" mechanism on the hinges of Mares fins (he has Quattros; I have Volos). They are a real nuisance!

SubMariner:
BTW, both Pearce & I disabled the :censored:"locking" mechanism on the hinges of Mares fins (he has Quattros; I have Volos). They are a real nuisance!

I will second that opinion. The blasted things are so hard to use. Either you can't open them, or you can't get the fin off, or it pops open when you don't want it to....

But it's fixable. Either spend a little time *disabling* it, or just strech the strap over your heel and skip the whole clip bit, or get spring straps.

goodknight411:
I will second that opinion. The blasted things are so hard to use. Either you can't open them, or you can't get the fin off, or it pops open when you don't want it to....

Funny thing; the previous "non-locking" versions never gave us any trouble at all!

But it's fixable. Either spend a little time *disabling* it, or just strech the strap over your heel and skip the whole clip bit, or get spring straps.
:lol2: As I said, we "disabled" them. The clips are fine, it's the bloody "locks" that are a menace!

DSDO,

Size 12 boots. You sure you need fins?

Volo are awsom and are meant for under water diving with gear. Mine actually brok at the hinges from lots of rock RI shore dives. I used steel brackets and scews to fix the because I love them so much.

I also have Mare Quatros and love them also.

You'll get used to you volos and form a bond with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom