Dive Greece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dougz

Registered
Reaction score
:boom:

I am going on a two week holiday to Greece and planning on doing a bit of island hopping and fitting in a few dives on the way - can anyone recommend good islands/operators?

Thanx

I was hoping to see some replies to your post because I am planning to go to Greece next Summer. Before I go to the popular islands tp party and probably dive (Mykonos, Santarini which I don't know what the diving is like there, but there are a couple of operators on Mykonos) I plan on going to Zanynthos which supposedly has some great diving, hearing it from someone that's ben there. Two operators there are Nero and Turtle diver I think. Go to this web site and click on Scuba diving at the bottom of the page

www.ionian-islands.com/zante/index.htm

Just talked to my cousin who lives in Greece, he said mainly the only places you can dive are Mykonos, Creete, and the Ionian Islands (including Zakynthos which I spelled wrong in the last reply). you probably already know but greece severly restricts diving in most of the country due underwater archaeological artifacts, where a diver may take something if lucky enough to spot something. however, they allow snorkeling everywhere.

Hey if your looking for good diving, go to laganas beach to euro divers ....i've been going there 3 years ...currently going on dives as im over in greece now.
But you will have fun there!!!

I'm picking up this old thread because we just got our tickets for a family trip to Creete in early May. We're bringing the kids, so if we get to do any scuba diving it will have to be with consideration for their needs. But some freediving from the shore will always do nicely thank you!

If anybody have any information or experiences to share, it will be much appreciated. We are going to Chania, and I know there are a few dive operators there.

chania.jpg

Hey Kompressor - My husband and I will be spending a few days in Greece in late June - please share any responses or information that you gather with me!
Thank you!

if you go to athens first most travel agents or backpacker hostels sell island hopping passes they use to be about 13000 drama do not no how much they are now if u do go to athens try hotel zorbas near amonia square cheap friendly and they sell island hopping passes

kajnkween:
Hey Kompressor - My husband and I will be spending a few days in Greece in late June - please share any responses or information that you gather with me!
Thank you!

I will, but note we're only visiting Crete. We're staying at Chania, and I have found one dive center so far: http://www.blueadventuresdiving.gr/ (Not Firefox compatible website)

We've found a pretty little hotel which came out very affordable.

01CHQOLI91EPEL005.jpg

One week in May including flights t/r (Norway) for 2 adults and 3 children AND a rental car = USD 1.850,-/ EURO 1.500,- :D

Here's the dive center's boat:

Back
Top Bottom