July 3 Jupiter Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterlover:
Divemaster thumbed our 1st dive after 25 minutes@70ft. Everyone else got to stay down. Not sure what his problem was but didn't question his thumb.

Were you on air?
You never went below 70' down to the bottom of the ledges?
I don't have my tables in front of me. If you did drop below 70' (not saying that you did, but just if you did) and had a 1 hour SI, what would your NDL be for the second dive to 80'?
Did the divemaster mention 25 minutes for air in the briefing?
Just wondering.

I have dove with that same outfit many times and have always gotten what I need from a boat. They dropped me where they said they would. Picked me up when I surfaced. I have never spent anytime bobbing around waiting for the boat.

Air divers on Jupiter profiles are at 25 minutes for the two dives on computers.

The surface interval is normally 40 minutes if you look at your computer.

Captian Paul RUNS HIS BOAT. I prefer a Captain that will expect divers to listen to the briefing. Be ready to dive when he sets up for the drop. If you are a knucklehead he will tell you.

He takes a formal headcount (roll call) and is very serious about your listening for your name and answering up.

You are responsible for your dive profiles and dive just like the trained and certified divers that you are suppose to be.

I would dive with Paul any day of the week without a second thought.

DivesWithTurtle:
Were you on air?
I don't have my tables in front of me. If you did drop below 70' (not saying that you did, but just if you did) and had a 1 hour SI, what would your NDL be for the second dive to 80'?
Just wondering.

EANX 32

I hope.

Nice trip report, I've not really heard anything bad about this dive op, or the dive.

With one big vacation a year, seeing these storms blow right before we are planning to arrive is rather disappointing.

I hope for my selfish reasons, and broader reasons (like Familiy and Friends in FL) that these Storms/Hurricanes CHILL OUT...literally..

Waterlover:
The dives were beautiful lots of big marine life and Warm water. My first trip on the Temptation and my last. I wouldn't recommend this boat to either novice or experienced divers. Bad Attitude on the part of the Bus Driver/Captain. Poor service from the crew towards all the passengers. Divemaster thumbed our 1st dive after 25 minutes@70ft. Everyone else got to stay down. Not sure what his problem was but didn't question his thumb. Overall Great dives just bad bus ride....

Okay, I don't know who you are, but I was also on that afternoon dive.

I am trying to figure out what Paul and the crew did that turned you off to them so much, but believe that something was done/said/exhibited on your part to have them come off like that.

Everyone else that I spoke to on the boat had no problems with the experience.

And if you are from PA then you should be used to Paul's sometimes brusque NY attitude.

He doesn't fool around nor tolerate fools. Simple enough.

And just the facts (again)

I will be diving with Paul again the next time that I can wrangle a weekend off.

Jeff

DivesWithTurtle:
Were you on air?
Just wondering.

If this was the person that I think it was.... They were told before the dive that they would be on a twenty five or 30 minute limit. Reason: No computers, just depth gauges and bottom timers....

Paul is a real stickler on computers/no computers. Period.

If you wanna dive GUE/DIR/Hogarthian, a trip with a bunch of rec divers is probably not the best way to go.

diver doh:
I will be diving with Paul again the next time that I can wrangle a weekend off.

Jeff

Jeff,

Let me know when you can make it down again and I'll make the trip over to dive with you (on a Sunday as I work every Saturday until 1 pm). I had a great time on the boat and look forward to doing it again.

Tractor Tom

Tractor Tom:
Jeff,

Let me know when you can make it down again and I'll make the trip over to dive with you (on a Sunday as I work every Saturday until 1 pm). I had a great time on the boat and look forward to doing it again.

Tractor Tom

will do!

:laughing: there's always someone in the group the hates what we love.... It's what makes the SB run. He's entitled to his opinion and to our ridicule for bashing one of my favorite dive ops.

Captain Paul certainly needs no excuse for his sometimes "less than sensitive" manners :laughing: ... That man rocks as a boat Captain. He wants divers to have fun on his boat but isn't playing games when it comes to safety.

If you had such a horrible time out on his vessel I would recommend you re-think your events on that particular day. If there's even a single question as to safety, then there ya go... Paul isn't going to bend for anyone, he'll drop you where he says, pick you up when you surface, but make no mistake..... He'll take no part in any "risk" taking rodeo diving. Perhaps you should try the other dive op with a similar name as this one and let us know how that works out for you (should you return)... :D

Waterlover:
The dives were beautiful lots of big marine life and Warm water. My first trip on the Temptation and my last. I wouldn't recommend this boat to either novice or experienced divers. Bad Attitude on the part of the Bus Driver/Captain. Poor service from the crew towards all the passengers. Divemaster thumbed our 1st dive after 25 minutes@70ft. Everyone else got to stay down. Not sure what his problem was but didn't question his thumb. Overall Great dives just bad bus ride....

Did you ask. Either you know, and are not saying, or you did not bother to ask.

I certainly would have, and wonder if you truely don't know why you did not?

I talked to Capt. Paul when I booked with him, and he indicated 45minute or better bottom time for those on Nitrox based on SAC. He did not sound like an op that would limit bottom time for those who had a computer.

His questions to me were all about experience, and if I had a puter, and could do Nitrox. He is even getting me some larger Steel tanks so I get more bottom time. Seems like a guy who is willing to go the extra mile to make the dive enjoyable from my contact with him.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom