What strange things have you found ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soggydog:
We like to spend a lot of time in the Chippewa River. ......The Mighty Chipp is one of my favourite dives.....

Wowsers Soggydog!! That was where we found that Mudpuppy in a bottle!
All this time We were just drifting along - We'll have to try more active scrounging next time!

Thanks for the History tips - I always wondered why it was flowing the wrong way. Hope to see you out there!

With last night's dive, my buddy found an exceptional fishing lure, a real keeper. I thought I had found a chest of old golden dubloons. Alas it was an upside down bucket full of mud.

The search will continue. ;-)

DI_Guy

- Stubby beer bottle
- Lawnmower (hey, gotta keep those laminaries in check)
- Motorcycle
- Office chair (TGIF!!)

On the May long weekend, after our annual treasure hunt in Brockville, some of us did a nice drift through needles eye. We were diving with Tom Scott, Under Where? Dive Charters. While drifting along I noticed a bottle neck sticking out of the mud. I pulled it out, and to my surprise discovered this strange looking torpedo shaped bottle with embossed lettering on it. When we got back up on the boat Tom's face lit up. Apparently one of his friends found a couple of these and sold one on EBay for $1700US. After picking my jaw up off of the deck, I did some research to find out more. I've been able to date the bottle between 1790 and 1837 by the tool markings on the glass. This type of bottle was made for carbonated drinks and its shape forced you to lay it down keeping the cork moist, preventing the loss of carbonation.

I'm not interested in selling it. I am interested if anyone knows of a bottling company that would have been around in the late 1700s and early 1800s named "York Springs".

If you would like to see the bottle I have it at the shop (AquaSub in Richmond Hill) and would be more than happy to show it to you.

False teeth (lower).
An empty "Grape Nehi" bottle (Remember "Radar" on MASH?)
A second stage and hose (No first stage, but the same brand as my reg...)
A large, deceased, bloated dog. (Pretty gross...)
Pertrified tree stumps

I dont have me cert. yet, I start classes this saturday (9th) but I regularly snorkel at the beach near my house...

A couple of weeks ago, I found a small (2" long) Bat Mobile.

Strange things I have found, but not recovered:

A life cycle (the electronic exercise bike)-about a mile offshore in Jamaica.

A 1/2 full (or empty) bottle of scotch, lightly wedged into the reef.
(I did bring this back to the boat, but nobody wanted a "taste".)

Not sure if this is strange or just weird?:

A set-up of gear: BC, tank (almost full), regulator (functioning), spg ; in a rather large "swim through" somewhere just offshore in NJ- 25+ years ago !!

DI_Guy:
Starfish:

The wallet with the photos ??? Was is relatively current or did it date back in time. It would so interesting to contact the owner especially if it was from decades ago.

DI_Guy

Because we found the rifle we turned everything into the police....of course they figured we found it by the canal...not in the canal....I don't think he really cared

miked:
Strange things I have found, but not recovered:

A life cycle (the electronic exercise bike)-about a mile offshore in Jamaica.

A 1/2 full (or empty) bottle of scotch, lightly wedged into the reef.
(I did bring this back to the boat, but nobody wanted a "taste".)

Not sure if this is strange or just weird?:

A set-up of gear: BC, tank (almost full), regulator (functioning), spg ; in a rather large "swim through" somewhere just offshore in NJ- 25+ years ago !!

Ha - scene from the movie "OPEN WATER" comes to mind....shark bait o ha ha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom