Dacor Nautica Airtrim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dakinetx

Reaction score
Have bought a Dacor Nautica Airtrim, GREAT BC but due to the new inflation/deflation design, how do I swill the inside with water after a dive??????????
Thanks,
Nick.
Oh btw, just bought an Atomic M1 also, YAHOO, watta reg. :)

I guess that since they share the same tech between mares and dacor, what works for one should for the other. What works is to unscrew the manual shoulder dump and pipe in rinse water there (and drain from there and the bottom manual dump).

-Simon

Thanks Simon. It is like a Dragonfly exactly although it does not have the extended rear "wings". I will try that valve technique, thanks. The "oral" inflation tube is a tiny affair stuck in the right side pocket? so knew that was not an option.
Thanks again and happy H2O.
Nick:D

I own the Mares Dragonfly at and that is the only way to rinse the insides, actually, it's in the manual isn't it?

Anyway, the inflator tube in the pocket is pretty important for me, I use it prior to travelling to SUCK out all the air from the BC before packing, better than those inflator hoses, troublesome menaces.

Sucking the air out; that never occured to me while packing my bulky dragonfly. That's a very cool idea, but isn't it a one way valve? How do you bypass that?

-Simon

well.... actually.. I use me tongue to push the one-way valve in while sucking the air out. It'll take a few breaths but make sure that the inside is dry and not gooey and stuff, don't want you to get some lung infection.

Back
Top Bottom