LeisurePro an OK outfit to buy online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just received my first order today from LeisurePro: A slate, bag, software for the Suunto Cobra PC Dive Manager w/ cable. Nicely packaged, prompt, and good deal. Will definitely be a repeat customer.

I'm happy on all 4 of 4 shipments ordered from LeisurePro. I've only bought non- lifesupport stuff from them, like a dive log, PADI Training Package (book), gauge retractor, etc., but their service, shipping time, and price have been hard to top.

For regulators, etc., I'm sticking with my local dive shop.

I have been buying gear from LP for about 10 years and I have never had a problem.

I have purchased at least 3 full sets of gear from them.

Just bought a pair of Tusa split fins the other day just to try out. They made it to me in two days.

Like most posts here, I've had nothing but good experiences with Leisure Pro.

I have to admit though, that when it came to buying a BCD and regs I went with the best value LDS around locally. It gives me a lot of comfort to know that I have got the best fit and that I'll have good warranty and servicing support.

Accessories and miscellaneous items (including dive computer and interface) great prices, speedy delivery and an awesome website and e-catalogue.

Mike

I hear people being so happy to save some bucks - and I can appreciate that, having quite the collection of equipment myself.

Just remember one thing, selling only life support equipment is most likely not going to let your LDS stick around for any amount of time and dont' forget who you are asking for advise before you spend your money, surely not LP?

Another thing to keep in mind is that LP only sell grey market equipment, they are so far not a dealer for any brand out there and the prices are not realistic.

Anyway - I prefer to get my stuff from the LDS, since I know the guys and their kids and I think that the couple of bucks I can save are better spent putting food on the table of someone I know than some coorporation who doesn't give a s*$%

Excuse my french.
Dane

Buying online as opposed to an LDS is the only way to go in my mind.

Wetdane states, "I prefer to get my stuff from the LDS, since I know the guys and their kids and I think that the couple of bucks I can save are better spent putting food on the table of someone I know."

Well, I have my own kids, and I think my money is better spent putting food on my table than my LDS owner's. Paying more money for the same piece of equipment is ridiculuos, period.

LeisurePro is great, so is DiveINN.

Go Sharks!!!

But I am extremely happy with DiveInn!!!! I just ordered a Cressi Big Eyes mask from them last Thursday afternoon.....I got it Monday morning!!! And the kicker: They are in SPAIN and I'm in GUAM! Couldn't believe it. I've heard that their customer service is great and they honor all manufacturer warranties. Gotta love it. Prices are great as well!!

Cheers

no probs with 3 orders. Actually drove down there one sunday to exchange a wet suit (we were leaving for trip in a few days). Small store packed with stuff... probably a huge storage/wearhouse out back. Seems to be a family run type business in the Jewish community. Had a much better feeling about ordering from them after the visit. They were very helpful with my wife trying several wetsuits to find the best fit.

Just got a UK c8 rechargeable for example. Battery pack is original UK..not a knockoff.

On a related note... B&H photo is a huge operation and good to buy mailorder photo/video equip. If you're into that stuff, and in manhatten, you have to check out their store. I was impressed with the inventory and the approx 80 employees throughout the store (and who knows how many 'behind the scenes').

I've purchased small stuff from them also. I found that if I priced things with them, then went to my LDS with LP's price, they usually matched or came close enough. You Lds will lend you equip if what they sold you has a proplem. Plus you can use their pool to try things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom