Scuba Diving TV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could mix it with a late night TV flavor and have scantily clad divers -- I suppose that would limit you to warm water locations, but if you want to get the general population involved, you could do a reality game show...whoever stays under the longest on one tank wins a million dollars...however to make it interesting, they have to gear up underwater and live in a underwater house together. Hilarity and adventure ensues...

Ok, but seriously, I really miss the old "Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau" days and would personally welcome a new show about diving all over the world. Then again, my household is one of those freaky houses that usually watches only the Discovery Channel, the History Channel, National Geographic, and Animal Planet.

Giggi:
Ok, but seriously, I really miss the old "Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau" days and would personally welcome a new show about diving all over the world. Then again, my household is one of those freaky houses that usually watches only the Discovery Channel, the History Channel, National Geographic, and Animal Planet.
I know what you mean, I've watched Blue Planet every time it comes on but I really miss the way Jacques Cousteau made me feel...it was like I was there diving with him.

GREAT idea. DO IT!

There's been a number of diving programs run by various production companies here in Ireland. Some have concentrated on the history of local wrecks, others on marine life, and a few on the sport itself. I was involved with one promotional production for youths in diving that involved a 14-yr old Open Water completing an underwater challenge (a course of hoops) and was meant to generate interest amongst young non-divers. There has been no real certified-diver-orientated programmes however. Obviously I don't no the figures on the success of each, but they were popular by word of mouth.

:thumbs_up I think you should definitely do it there is huge potential within audiences for a well-made programme exploring inner space! :D

Would love to see a series of different dive locations techniques and activities.

Why should the pro bass guys have all the fun?

Bet the production costs for underwater photography and location travel has put a kabosh on many good concept projects. Probably why the Deep Sea Detectives spend more time in museums and libraries explaning the research than blowing bubbles. Still a good show.

Just a thought but...there is a growing number of amateur underwater videographers out there doing some really cool stuff! I'd sure like to see some of it packaged up with a professional touch rather than looking at 3:00 min streamed media files on the net.

Good luck. We'll stay tuned.

PUHLEESE!!! PRETTY PUHLEESE!!! Make a scuba diving show! I have to watch the fishing shows just to get my underwater scene fixes, and those only come in brief snippets after having to watch some guys in boats reeling and reeling. And then when they use the grappling hook on those fish they've reeled in......well I just feel so darn sorry for the fish. I am constantly surfing the channels (when I can get the remote) for anything underwater to watch. I agree with the other SB members who would like to see lots of different local-type destinations, but would also like to see destinations that are in places where the average North American diver could actually afford to go. And places for the even more budget minded, sort of a "diving on a dime" feature.( If you need an average, middle aged couple to do the Florida segments, I know just the one!) While trips to more exotic places like Yap or Palau or Figi are something we can dream about, I think what most of us would like to see are the places we can realisticaly afford to get to without selling the farm. Another thing that would be interesting for most divers would be a segment on fish behavior,which, if you're not a diver (yet) you may not know can be totally bizarre and fascinating.(See Ned Deloach and Paul Humann's book,Fish Behavior.)
If you decide to make the show, please let all of us @ SB know about it so we can tune in and pass the word!

If you are going to do a fictional TV show, try to keep it base on reality. The last scuba show, ADVENTURE, INC, half the episodes was about ghosts. I was not sure if I was watching another episode of Scooby doo.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to respond.
Seems there are many out there who would watch a Scuba show.
I also appreciate the many suggestions regarding what segments you would like to see in the show.
Please keep your thoughts and comments coming...sponsors like to see there is interest from the viewing audience.
I will keep SB posted on any developments.
Again, I thank you.
Bob Lanning
Producer
Directors Group

Bob- I think it would be great! Im glad the Tour de France is fast approaching, Im sick and tired of the Bull riding on OLN-Im surprised ther are that many people interested in it..? Now diving on the other hand? I suppose Im biased though? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom