Scuba Diving TV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm a US based TV producer. We have interest in developing a weekly TV series for Scuba Divers.
I welcome you comments on whether this program would be of interest.
Thanks,
Bob Lanning
Directors Group

Bob,

I guarantee you the members of this board would LOVE to see a well producted TV series about scubadiving!

Into what sort of production format would this programming fall?
A&E, ESPN, Bay Watch . . . ???

I'm not trying to be a smart butt, but I would imagine most of the members of this particular board would like to see it put forth in more of an informational format - dive locales, new gear, technologies, something that is not in the general character of most of the mindless pulp on TV nowadays.

Thanks for the heads up, and your dream and goals . . .

I certainly wish you the best of luck . . .

the K

Can I star in it? :D

Mindless pulp works too......but make the diving REALLY accurate.

Oh, in case you forgot my earlier question, can I star in it? :dance:

pennypue:
Can I star in it? :D

Mindless pulp works too......but make the diving REALLY accurate.

Oh, in case you forgot my earlier question, can I star in it? :dance:

Penny,
Thanks for the note.
Just trying to gauge whether there is any "real" interest for this program.
And, yes...it will be accurate and hopefully informative and entertaining.

The Kraken:
Bob,

I guarantee you the members of this board would LOVE to see a well producted TV series about scubadiving!

Into what sort of production format would this programming fall?
A&E, ESPN, Bay Watch . . . ???

I'm not trying to be a smart butt, but I would imagine most of the members of this particular board would like to see it put forth in more of an informational format - dive locales, new gear, technologies, something that is not in the general character of most of the mindless pulp on TV nowadays.

Thanks for the heads up, and your dream and goals . . .

I certainly wish you the best of luck . . .

the K

K...
Thanks for the response.
We're trying to gauge real interest before moving forward.
We would anticipate this program airing on one of the outdoor / lifestyle networks. Our hope is that it would be all that you mention as well as informative and entertaining.
Let's both hope for an overwheling response.
Thanks again,
Bob

Go for it !!!!
I think most people, whether or not they are divers, are attracted to the sport/hobby for one reason or another.

the K

boblanning:
K...
Thanks for the response.
We're trying to gauge real interest before moving forward.
We would anticipate this program airing on one of the outdoor / lifestyle networks. Our hope is that it would be all that you mention as well as informative and entertaining.
Let's both hope for an overwheling response.
Thanks again,
Bob
Ok, you ignored my request for employment.....:pout:

So I'll be a bit more serious for a moment.
(I know, SBer's around the globe keel over in shock.....)

Deep Sea Detectives has a pretty good following on the board. Divers are willing to watch reruns for the second or third time. Heck, many of us (see the OrcaBait group) dive the same sites over and over again. So we as a group, are very loyal. Downside, divers are very technical and as a result, critical. (Lots of engineers and computer people.....)

Final thing to note......most of them have a wicked sense of humor.....(humour to appease our Brit SBers):wink:

The key is to get enough market and exposure to appeal to non-divers as well.

(Ok, can I carry the tanks? :blinking: )

Hi Bob,

I would love to see a scuba program on television. I watch divers passport weekly over the internet. I even watch Deep sea detectives, even though they like to pound steel rods into the cieling of caves (blasphemy). I wish divers passport was shown in the US. It would be great to see more scuba shows.

Matt

I would definitely watch ... Our Tivo has a keyword wishlist for dive, diving and scuba and I watch every show it records, and in the case of Deep Sea Dectectives, sometimes multiple times...but there just isn't all that much dive related stuff on all those 500 channels.

I'd love to see a diving show as well. I don't watch a lot of tv (maybe 3-4 hours/week), but one show I try to catch every week is Offshore Hunter, which airs on the Sunshine network, and is about spearfishing.

I'd be glad to add another 1/2 - 1 hour a week for a worthy show. Highlight a different dive destination (including lots in the states) each week, and I'm hooked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom