DiversDiscount.com 150% Price Protection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luango

Registered
Reaction score
150% Price Protection
If, within 30 days of your purchase from DiversDiscount.com, you find the same item advertised by an authorized SCUBA dealer for less, show us the ad and we'll give you 150% of the difference as a credit towards your next purchase of scuba diving equipment.
This sounds too good to be true. Is it? Has anyone used this?

And it has to be an authorized dealer which many of the discount dealers are not.

Sounds good dont it!

Well my experience with that shop has been less than fun. If they have your item that your looking for then theres no problem. Now if they dont have it and it must be ordered then your in for a long wait. Some of my gear got to me in 2 weeks and some took 6 to 8 weeks. of course they tell you it will be in 2 weeks then blame the other company when its not there. They dont seem to want to take responsibility, they just want to point the finger.

Maybe it isnt there fault, but dont tell me i will have it in 2 weeks if they dont know. Then of course they may loose the sale, so i think its partically intentional.

Andy

The one time I ordered from DiversDiscount it turned into such a mess I canceled the order. It seems as though they don’t stock anything! Anything you order they order from the manufacturer, after charging your credit card. Contrast this with DiveInn from which I ordered a regulator that was here in three days (from Spain).

I will gladly trade any promised price protection hype for good basic customer service any day.

Mike

Originally posted by MikeFerrara
And it has to be an authorized dealer which many of the discount dealers are not.

Quote From link:

"Will DiversDiscount.com match or beat any unauthorized dealer's price?
Not only will DiversDiscount.com match AND beat any authorized dealer's price, but we also offer price protection against all unauthorized, gray-market dealers as well. ... "

Just wanted to clear that up.

SpyderTek

I placed an order with DiversDiscount on April 30th and I’m still waiting for my order to be delivered. All I ever get from them are emails telling me about a new delivery date and blaming the manufacturer.

I think there are a lot of other stores out there with much better customer service. I have used Leisurepro, Divers Direct and Scuba Toys and never had any problems with any of them.

You might really want to consider using another store before going with DiversDiscount.

I placed an order with DiversDiscount. A week went by and it was 1 day before I was to leave on my dive trip. They called and informed my wife that they didn't have the one of the items I wanted in stock(I wasn't at home at the time). They told my wife that they had a similar product in stock but it cost more(twice as much). My wife said "O.K." because she knew I wanted the item.

I called them right back and told them to cancel my whole order. I knew they couldn't get it to me overnight since I would be at the airport in the morning. They waited so long I didn't have a chance to order from somewhere else.

But the story has a silver lining.

When I returned home from my dive trip I found a package on the porch. In it was my orginal order which included a very nice hooded vest. The total order value was $130.00 and my credit card was never billed.

I have ordered alot of stuff online and have never had a screw up like that. Fortunately it worked out well for me but it could have gone the other way just as easily.

I won't order from DiversDiscount again. And I have not said that about a single other online store.

Hi,

They have some great prices, just expect delivery from united Tortise.. In otherwords slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I ordered 3 dive lights on the 13th of June, I looked up my ship status and it said to expect them on July 29. almost 3 weeks. Well anyway, thats what to expect when you want to save a buck or two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom