Preferences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubblefree

Registered
Reaction score
Just completed the basic closed circuit rebreather course at the Innerspace week at Divetech in Grand Cayman. Excellent week with lots of knowledgable people about to suck wisdom out of! Course was highly intensive but also very educational.

Had a couple of questions to ask about the way people dive their CCR's. We were taught the whole week using principles of minimum loop volume and flying the units manually. However when I observed other divers in the water it seemed they were letting the units keep the set point automatically. What are peoples preferences when it comes to these different viewpoints for both set point and minimum loop volume.

Thanks

Me to, questions. Basic course for which rebreather? Hadn't heard of the minimum loop volume thing. You add going down and vent going up. Should be able to maintain position in water column at max volume in loop. So you have to have the lead to stay down for max floatation. Mine is a manual so no other option. I'm also really out of touch with the new stuff.
PP would be part of the dive plan. Normally hold a 1.0. Guy I dive with sets his auto on 1.2. To go deep on a manual, drop to 100, blow the loop, bring it up to a 1.4, and with air bottom mix that will give you 190 feet. You can deco back or hold the 1.4 on the way up. Lots of things to play with.
Toys...so many toys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom