who else here uses the poseidon extreme?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
any of you guys use poseidon? seems like there arent too many fans here:( recently purchased my extreme after researching for several months on what reg to get. logged about 10 dives so far, extremely happy with it but noticed slight breathing differences at 40ft< cheers!

I'm loving my Poseidon Xstream Dive. It's the only reg I've used below about 65ft so I can't give you a comparison of deep performance, but the Xstream has worked well down to 40m (ok, so it was only 39.9m) at a temperature of 4C (that's 130ft and 39F for you metric-challenged). I've yet to run into anyone else diving an Xstream, but at least one had a Poseidon Jetstream and was looking into the Xstream.

Finding a place authorized to service the Xstream was a challenge, but the US distributor checked on different shops for about 20min before finding one that was specifically certified to work on the Xstream regs. I shipped my Xstream to The Scuba Center in Delray Beach, FL and picked it up on the drive down to Ft. Lauderdale last March. (Great price for the 12month "service" which is just an inspection and o-ring/filter swap) I expect to do the same thing next year.

-Rob

jonnythan:
What kind of differences?

breathing is very very slightly more labored. i wouldnt consider it a nuisance just a noticable difference. i have friends who use the extreme and they agree that the extreme works better in the deep!

whatever the case im very happy with my purchase and expect many years of service from this reg. this is my 1st reg and dont mind if it becomes my only one in the next couple of years:)

I bought mine last fall and only have about twenty dives on it. None of them deep. 70 fow top's or would that be bottom's? I hope to dive a schooner saturday thats down 135 fow and I'm expecting bottom temps of around 35 F. If it goes through that, and it should, thats good enough for me. I've been very happy with its performance up to now, that much I can tell you.

Jim

I have the Odin/Jetstream and love them. I borrowed a friends Xstream. I have it down to 80 feet and it breathed great. I would say it breaths better than the Odin/Jetstream. The Xstream doesn't have the positive/negative switch like the Jetstream, so it does breath differently on shallower dives. Overall, I would love to own one. As a matter of fact, I haven't given back the Xstream. :)

I currently own a Cyclon and a Jetstream/Odin, which I purchased a few months ago. I only have a few dives on them, but I am very happy with their performance (my first dive was in 38degree water, with no probems at all).I am buying an Xstream in a few weeks, and will post my feedback once i've had a chance to dive with it.

I'm of the opinion that these days most regulators from most manufacturers perform just fine. I do love Poseidons, though, and am excited to try out the Xstream.

Spoon:
any of you guys use poseidon? seems like there arent too many fans here:( recently purchased my extreme after researching for several months on what reg to get. logged about 10 dives so far, extremely happy with it but noticed slight breathing differences at 40ft< cheers!

I use my poseidon xtreams on twin sets. Very good at depth and can get a little stiff in the shallows and have noticed that they can also be a bit wet when coming up to 5m. Very comfortable breathing though so wouldn't swap for the world.

Me three. X-stream Dive. Super-reg. Very small and light, too. The darn oxy-swivel I've got on it weighs more than the reg, I think!

You are not alone :)

I dove the schooner Northerner yesterday. I cruised along the hull at 125 feet and the regulator (xstream dive) worked just fine. It does breath better at this depth then at 50 feet. Now if I could just get my Nikonos II cameras to stay water tight, I'd have 'er made. Ha.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom