Good News from Bonaire--The things I'll do for you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Papa Don

Reaction score
Good News From Bonaire
The things I'll do...Bon Dia. Well, here's the good news…

In 4 years I want to semi-retire. I need your help to do so. Why should you want to help me retire? I'll tell you: Because it will make part of the next 4 years of your life much happier. I am offering 100 people two weeks' stay in
4 newly renovated one-bedroom apartments. Two weeks per year for the next 4 years. You can use the apartment or you can rent it to someone else if your two weeks don’t work into your vacation plans. This is not a timeshare. You collect the rent if you don’t use it yourself. If you rent it out 4 weeks and stay 4 weeks yourself, you could reduce the daily costs of your stay. You or your guests would also pay approximately $90.00 for utilities for the two-week period. The two weeks rotate, so you're not stuck with the same weeks each year.

This is a rural setting, quiet, safe, with a 5-minute drive to Lagoon natural beach, 10-minute drive to the large hotels and their beaches. All beaches are public no matter what the signs say. If you wish to use hotel lounge chairs on the beach, the hotel may or may not charge you for the use.

By the time you will be able to use these apartments (in time for Regatta Week in October 2005,) we will have a restaurant operating on premises for our guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Bonairean prices. This place is not the Ritz. The last Place we had was called The Leeward Inn, six rooms, bar and restaurant, and dive shop. After 7 years of blood, sweat, and tears, the government relieved us of that place, saying we owed estimated tax. They found out after the sale they were wrong: didn't have to pay the tax, but the business was gone. Can't sue the government here in Bonaire, they're always right (except when they're wrong.) So you start again. Leeward Inn was nicknamed by our patrons The Cheers of Bonaire. Your ritzy hotels have consierges, and you will also…"moi." There are also car rental discounts, and taxi and bus service by appointment or by chance. This may not be for everyone. Would you rather spend your money on food, drink, and diving or for a bed to sleep in 6 hours a day, after eating, drinking, and diving. I forgot to mention each apartment has a small private back porch for that whole-body even tan. Now what more could you ask for? Ask and you may receive. If you own a business, what better gift could you give your employee of the year than a tax-deductible one- or two-week trip to Bonaire. The possibilities are limitless.

Now down to the dollars and cents. Short, sweet, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Right to the penny the prepaid rental comes to exactly $ 2140.00 (two thousand one hundred forty US dollars) for 8 weeks in Bonaire. You can do the math yourself. And imagine if you share the 8 weeks with a friend. This includes the government tax. They tax the food here but the Bon air is still free. How do you pay, you ask? Bank transfer only, into an escrow account in Bonaire, supervised by the Notary of Bonaire. I'll tell you the escrow account number when you contact me. (For those of you unfamiliar with the Netherland Antilles and its Notary position: There is only one Notary in Bonaire, who is appointed by the Queen of the Netherlands as a non-political impartial legal trustee to handle and legitimize all real estate transactions and many business contracts in Bonaire. The position is unique and negates the need for attorneys in most transactions, unless the parties wish to have additional legal counsel. The Notary receives and releases funds based on the conditions of the transaction.)

The 100 people participating in these rentals must be paid in full on or before July 1, 2005. Pictures will be available in 2 to 3 weeks.
This is on a first come basis. After one year if you want out, I will refund your money minus weeks used and after someone else takes your place. Prove hardships and you get your money back right away, no interest paid, no penalties, and no hard feelings.

I speak only English. Should speak Papiamento after 14 years. My wife knows the reason I don't. She says one must have a brain to learn a new language after age 3. I'm on eastern standard time now I think. I don’t know what day it is but I'm pretty sure its May something. Time doesn't matter much here. In Bonaire there's time and there's slow time; they're both the same, except for Bonaire time, which is always late time. This time I am very sure o
Good

Papa Don:
Good News From Bonaire
The things I'll do...Bon Dia. Well, here's the good news…

In 4 years I want to semi-retire. I need your help to do so. Why should you want to help me retire? I'll tell you: Because it will make part of the next 4 years of your life much happier. I am offering 100 people two weeks' stay in
4 newly renovated one-bedroom apartments. Two weeks per year for the next 4 years. You can use the apartment or you can rent it to someone else if your two weeks don’t work into your vacation plans. This is not a timeshare. You collect the rent if you don’t use it yourself. If you rent it out 4 weeks and stay 4 weeks yourself, you could reduce the daily costs of your stay. You or your guests would also pay approximately $90.00 for utilities for the two-week period. The two weeks rotate, so you're not stuck with the same weeks each year.

This is a rural setting, quiet, safe, with a 5-minute drive to Lagoon natural beach, 10-minute drive to the large hotels and their beaches. All beaches are public no matter what the signs say. If you wish to use hotel lounge chairs on the beach, the hotel may or may not charge you for the use.

By the time you will be able to use these apartments (in time for Regatta Week in October 2005,) we will have a restaurant operating on premises for our guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Bonairean prices. This place is not the Ritz. The last Place we had was called The Leeward Inn, six rooms, bar and restaurant, and dive shop. After 7 years of blood, sweat, and tears, the government relieved us of that place, saying we owed estimated tax. They found out after the sale they were wrong: didn't have to pay the tax, but the business was gone. Can't sue the government here in Bonaire, they're always right (except when they're wrong.) So you start again. Leeward Inn was nicknamed by our patrons The Cheers of Bonaire. Your ritzy hotels have consierges, and you will also…"moi." There are also car rental discounts, and taxi and bus service by appointment or by chance. This may not be for everyone. Would you rather spend your money on food, drink, and diving or for a bed to sleep in 6 hours a day, after eating, drinking, and diving. I forgot to mention each apartment has a small private back porch for that whole-body even tan. Now what more could you ask for? Ask and you may receive. If you own a business, what better gift could you give your employee of the year than a tax-deductible one- or two-week trip to Bonaire. The possibilities are limitless.

Now down to the dollars and cents. Short, sweet, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Right to the penny the prepaid rental comes to exactly $ 2140.00 (two thousand one hundred forty US dollars) for 8 weeks in Bonaire. You can do the math yourself. And imagine if you share the 8 weeks with a friend. This includes the government tax. They tax the food here but the Bon air is still free. How do you pay, you ask? Bank transfer only, into an escrow account in Bonaire, supervised by the Notary of Bonaire. I'll tell you the escrow account number when you contact me. (For those of you unfamiliar with the Netherland Antilles and its Notary position: There is only one Notary in Bonaire, who is appointed by the Queen of the Netherlands as a non-political impartial legal trustee to handle and legitimize all real estate transactions and many business contracts in Bonaire. The position is unique and negates the need for attorneys in most transactions, unless the parties wish to have additional legal counsel. The Notary receives and releases funds based on the conditions of the transaction.)

The 100 people participating in these rentals must be paid in full on or before July 1, 2005. Pictures will be available in 2 to 3 weeks.
This is on a first come basis. After one year if you want out, I will refund your money minus weeks used and after someone else takes your place. Prove hardships and you get your money back right away, no interest paid, no penalties, and no hard feelings.

I speak only English. Should speak Papiamento after 14 years. My wife knows the reason I don't. She says one must have a brain to learn a new language after age 3. I'm on eastern standard time now I think. I don’t know what day it is but I'm pretty sure its May something. Time doesn't matter much here. In Bonaire there's time and there's slow time; they're both the same, except for Bonaire time, which is always late time. This time I am very sure o
Good
Please send me Pics When ya get them I'm intersted
Bill wjjones2@yahoo.com :dazzler1:

so a buyer essentially pay for eight week's worth of rent, plus utilities, but has no ownership interest whatsoever.

then the buyer can "sub rent" however much time they want to others to make their
money back?

do you help people find tenants, or do people have to do that themselves?
what happens if the government takes this site for failure to pay taxes
again?

also, you have four apartments, which you are "splitting" between 100
people. that means each buyer gets 2 weeks in an apartment (and
i assume 2 weeks down for maintenance per apartment) per year.

yet you are asking each buyer to pay for 8 weeks.

there's no way you can accomodate 100 buyers for 8 weeks each in 4
apartments in a year.

but if they all pay upfront, by July 1, 2005, you get $214,000

:33:

that's a very nice deal for you

H2Andy:
so a buyer essentially pay for eight week's worth of rent, plus utilities, but has no ownership interest whatsoever.

then the buyer can "sub rent" however much time they want to others to make their
money back?

again?

apartments in a year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Papa Don

H2Andy:

money back?

again?

apartments in a year.

2 weeks a year 4 years you only pay the utily's when your there.
Yes he has the money in escrow not in his hands. but can most likly get a loan agaisnt the escow. How I doing PAPA DON?

oh i see... it's 2 weeks per year for the next 4 years, not 8 weeks per year

that works conceptually

you end up paying $267.50 per week to stay in Bonaire. seems awful cheap

i *know* that's his point

but what is mine?

:wink:

Your right . Maybe I should raise the price a thousand or so then maybe you would be more interested. Like the post says i want to semi retire in 4 years.This a way for me to do this.You get a good deal I get my retirement. And you can still come see me and eat in My Resturant on your return visits. Maybe even have your own apartment in 4 years if your one of the lucky four. Could you and ten frends save up 50.000 in the next 4 years? Do you have 10 Frends? Papa Don

Papa Don:
Your right . Maybe I should raise the price a thousand or so then maybe you would be more interested. Like the post says i want to semi retire in 4 years.This a way for me to do this.You get a good deal I get my retirement. And you can still come see me and eat in My Resturant on your return visits. Maybe even have your own apartment in 4 years if your one of the lucky four. Could you and ten frends save up 50.000 in the next 4 years? Do you have 10 Frends? Papa Don

So it probably is. JMHO

Back
Top Bottom