I'm a card carrying SCUBA diver...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueBlur

Reaction score
We just received a call from our instructor that our cards for our OW cert are in and I am so excited about picking them up. I am now a card carrying SCUBA diver. WooHoo!!!!

Our instructor did tell us that a couple of people who were in our group of six students didn't pass. I know he probably shouldn't have told us but we have become pretty good friends with our instructor. When we were doing the check out dive, one of the two who didn't pass got lost and ended up aborting the dive. (this guy's partner didn't pass either) Also, one of the guys was trying to feed fish in this quarry while we were doing the checkout dive. I am surprised the instructor let him do this. (maybe the instructor didn't see him take the fish food down) Anyway, I feel like when you are just learning, especially on a check out dive, you don't need to be worrying about anything except breathing in and out and your gauges. Just my inexperience opinion though.

Anyway, I am sad for them that they didn't pass but I am glad to know that my instructor doesn't pass everyone who goes through the class. It makes me feel more confident about my diving abilities. btw, the instructor is taking the two guys who didn't pass back out again and giving them another chance.

My husband and I will be headed down to Panama City in a few weeks to break in that new card. (PC is the closest ocean diving to us.)

SCUBA diving is proving to be a great sport. So much fun to do but so hard on the wallet. :)

BlueBlur:
We just received a call from our instructor that our cards for our OW cert are in and I am so excited about picking them up. I am now a card carrying SCUBA diver. WooHoo!!!!
My husband and I will be headed down to Panama City in a few weeks to break in that new card. (PC is the closest ocean diving to us.)

SCUBA diving is proving to be a great sport. So much fun to do but so hard on the wallet. :)

Congrats! Have fun!

Congratulations!!!

Now watch your bank account balance plummet!!!

All for a good cause! I'm sure you'll have the time of your life! Enjoy your trip!!!

Alex

Good thing J. Edgar Hoover and John Ashcroft aren't around any more... they'd probably have you arrested for being a "card carrying" member of anything.

Congratulations!

Dr. Bill

Congratulations, and keep learning.

Congrats enjoy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom