What is your favorite dive spot in Ontario?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My vote is the 1000 Islands area, Brockville, Rockport etc., for sure.

Great diving, great wrecks, great drifts, great charters ...

I just got back from a weekend in Tobermory, which is close to where my in-laws live. It's great, but only a few times a year - it's a tourist trap, and despite it's self-proclaimed billing as the "Scuba Capital of Canada," it's very diver unfriendly. Parking is a pain, and many places tend to be dismissive of the dive community. PLUS you have to pay $15 a year for a special tag to dive up there.

I've dove in the Brockville/St. Lawrence area, but my clear preference is Kingston. It's got a ton of great wrecks that are all in about 70-90 feet of water. There are lots of inexpensive places to stay, and there's lots to do outside of diving. If you're in the area, I'd recommend talking to Tom at Northern Tech Diver - he's just on Collin's Bay Road on the outside of town.

Boogie711:
I just got back from a weekend in Tobermory, which is close to where my in-laws live. It's great, but only a few times a year - it's a tourist trap, and despite it's self-proclaimed billing as the "Scuba Capital of Canada," it's very diver unfriendly. Parking is a pain, and many places tend to be dismissive of the dive community. PLUS you have to pay $15 a year for a special tag to dive up there.

I've dove in the Brockville/St. Lawrence area, but my clear preference is Kingston. It's got a ton of great wrecks that are all in about 70-90 feet of water. There are lots of inexpensive places to stay, and there's lots to do outside of diving. If you're in the area, I'd recommend talking to Tom at Northern Tech Diver - he's just on Collin's Bay Road on the outside of town.

Ya know
You just about summed it up nicely

But they are different wrecks

Hi

The St Lawrence and Kingston area's are great dive locations, but Lake Erie and Huron offer the skilled diver some of the better and larger deeper wrecks to dive and demand that you have the skills to accomplish the dives. Just how many times can you dive the striped wreck the Keystorm, can you say boring.

Rollie

Kingston! Hands down. Although I haven't dove Picton yet. While it great to acquire and renew skills, deep is not where it's at for me. I much prefer the moderate depths like the Comet.

NIagara River is great for drift diving, sturgeon counting, muskie dodging and sheephead counting....LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom