LP Inflator Hose with DiveRite wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazing, John "found out why it didn't get sent out" and promissed to send it out today. I'm glad I didn't have to get really nasty with him. But I also wish I had not needed to ask period!

RICHinNC:
Interesting. I have often on here recommended NE....as I had an excellent experience with them. They spent a lot of time talking to me, explaining wing differences, weight pocket size and differences and sent what I ordered....even put it together for me. So, with that kind of experience , why wouldnt I recommend them??

I'm actually in the same boat - I have ordered several things from them in the past year, and not once had any problems or had anything missing or mixed up with my orders. I have dealt with John directly, and he's always been straight with me. FWIW, I have no vested interest and am not affiliated with the shop in any way whatsoever. i was always under the impression that they run a pretty tight ship.

i have definitely recommended them to several people (both locally and here on the board) based on my experiences, which to this point have been positive.

My dealings with John in the past were pretty good, no complains. Last two orders I placed with him were messed up beyond recognition. I will give him another try when a need arise and see which way all this is going. :eyebrow:

I don’t have any experience with N.E. Scuba (John) yet, so I can’t help you out. But, if his way of business is depending on people and case, he must be another stupid LDS guy. He must have built the internet site to sell the product over the internet. And, he is sure of knowing many scuba forums including Scubaboard.com. So, it doesn’t make sense that he took a risk only for $30 hose. As I mentioned in other thread, we have seen many businesses that has been spoiled after being advertised and making some money. So, if it is his case, I am sure that he won’t drive a prosperous business and his shop will be only for the certain divers who used to get a higher discount than others by hanging around with him. It is alike eBay feedback that one negative feedback can make people to be suspicious about their business. Its effect is much worse than the paid advertisement.

Regarding Larry @ Scubatoys, there is no automatic beating and matching price, especially only for one single item. When you place an order, you have to use the tactic that the shop owners can make a room to utilize. So, you had better order the bunch of products at once and only consider the total price, not the price each item. Sure, Larry is also business guy who wants to make profit. If he can’t get the minimum margin (for example 20%), he will be reluctant to match it. I found out that it is the same case everywhere even though they are advertising the price match policy, especially on a small business.

Thank you guys for heading up this matter and posting your experiences. No matter what it is a good or bad, this kind of thread will be informative to many potential board members.

My 2 cents...

DrSteve:
Amazing, John "found out why it didn't get sent out" and promissed to send it out today. I'm glad I didn't have to get really nasty with him. But I also wish I had not needed to ask period!

I guess John must read this thread or someone notified this thread to him.

You're not getting a kickback? Dude, you should have worked out a deal like mine
03.gif
Just kidding. I have dealt with John a few times and have experienced no problems at all.

ChickenBone:
I'm actually in the same boat - I have ordered several things from them in the past year, and not once had any problems or had anything missing or mixed up with my orders. I have dealt with John directly, and he's always been straight with me. FWIW, I have no vested interest and am not affiliated with the shop in any way whatsoever. i was always under the impression that they run a pretty tight ship.

i have definitely recommended them to several people (both locally and here on the board) based on my experiences, which to this point have been positive.

Dan Gibson:
You're not getting a kickback? Dude, you should have worked out a deal like mine
03.gif
Just kidding. I have dealt with John a few times and have experienced no problems at all.

So THAT'S what he was talking about when he mentioned the 'special' deal if i spoke highly about the store on the messageboard :wink: :wink:

lol, j/k

I received a small box today from John at Northeast Scuba. The long awaited DiveRite user's manual (anyone know why it is so bad for an end user to remove the inflator hose to clean it out?) and a LP inflator hose.

Back
Top Bottom