Looking for advice: where to buy groceries on BVI or USVI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whoops forgot to post Food Center. On the way to the East End. Main land style large grocery store. Also this and my previous post are all for St. Thomas.

Also one note for prices, there is no sales tax so the price is the price.

enjoy

Chris

I definitely remember the food being more money than stateside, the roadside carts have great deals, and the amount of food you get from them are enough for 2 people. Callalu, conch (conk) salad, curry goat, ahhhhhhh! Of course I always went to local spots since I lived there. We would always go to that one place by kingshill, that sells fried chicken, can't remember the name, but its close to kingshill post office. And if you look close enough while driving there are always our little hispanic spots that sell a quick meal, they don't look like conventional restaurants, but if you see a bunch of Puerto Rican dudes sitting outside drinking some beer and eating, its there! Only the bold come out ahead!LOL.
And NEVER forget, learn what a mango tree looks like, and kinips (we call them ke-ne-pas), star fruits, advocados trees. We used to always pick these just walking around, be sure not to trespass, but I never met a cruzan that would deny someone the pleasure. West end Fredricksted pier on weekends (nights) big party alot of cheap food, alot of beer, alot of fun.
LAST but not least, my former place of employment, the FISH MARKET! This is the place to go for all seafood, if you go later in the day like around 2 or 3 you can find some deals there! I know! we want to get rid of the catch, we probably already had a few drinks sitting there, you can get away with alot of fish, conch. I am going to put this out, I may be strangled for this, but talk to the fishermen, especially TINTO (teen-to). He can work something out for you, mention that you know PITO (pee-to, thats me), he's my father-in-law. Later!

Try Bobby's. They have a website where you can order you're food and they'll deliver it. Works awesome.

www.bobbysmarketplace.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom