Sherkston shores Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive4funOften:
Define "quite warm" please! I am a wimp!

I don't have a surface temp in my records. But there were lots of kids swimming with shorts and bathing suits on. They didn't look cold at all.

Tavi:
I don't have a surface temp in my records. But there were lots of kids swimming with shorts and bathing suits on. They didn't look cold at all.

I guess I was asking what was the temp above the themocline you reffered to. Gee this seems to be such a hard thing for anyone to tell me.

I went there July 18th last year - The surface temp was fairly warm 70 degrees - so I wore my reef gloves - boy was that a mistake!

The viz in the upper layer of water was about 5 feet due to algae bloom, we were only down to 35 feet but the temp there was markedly cooler at 47 degrees - my hands we very cold in those thin gloves... the viz imprved to 10 - 15 feet.

Now the thermocline in the quarry is not quite the same as you'd find in a lake, I've heard there's a spring, so that's why even in relatively shallow water there is such a big difference in temps between top and bottom.

The surface temps in the local great lakes are around 50 degrees at the moment.

Hope that helps.

I think this Florida dive girl is a little spoiled. None of what you all are posting sounds very enticing to me. But - I am coming in June for my friend's check out dive! I may have to be a beach bunny! That is if I can take the cold air! I never dive unless it is 72 degrees water temp!

Thank you all for your help! I was really hoping that it would be a tad bit warmer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom