coldest dive I have done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
I just did with out doubt the coldest dive I have ever done. Unfortunately I didn't take a temperature reading.
I wore a 7mm custom fit farmer john which I was very impressed with. My body stayed warm for the entire 45 minutes. 7mm booties kept warm until the last 5 mins and 6.5 hood which was great. However I wore my tropical gloves and my hands were cold but no where near as cold as when I took one of them off to fix a strap. The bitter bitter cold today was no doubt my lips and gums.FRRRREEEEEEEZZZZIIIINNG! We need about a couple of weeks of steady 90 degree plus weather to get these lakes up to par,BRRR;-0

Not sure where you were, but the St Larwence was 56-52 F. They must have had all the slush gates open, the current was real fast and the vis was poor. We were down to less than 5 foot vis for a while at lock 21 on Sunday hanging off a steal rail in 2-3 knot current flapping around like rags. :)

Drysuits RULE!!!

~SubMariner~

first why in gods name were you diving the locks.

Second, yes dry suits are very nice and fine but they dont rule. Pee valves rule.

Originally posted by JimC
Not sure where you were, but the St Larwence was 56-52 F. They must have had all the slush gates open, the current was real fast and the vis was poor. We were down to less than 5 foot vis for a while at lock 21 on Sunday hanging off a steal rail in 2-3 knot current flapping around like rags. :)

Funny, I don't know where lock 21 is, but a week ago I was up in Alexandria Bay and there was almost no current and 60' visibility. I guess things change fast, eh?

Originally posted by AaronBBrown

Funny, I don't know where lock 21 is, but a week ago I was up in Alexandria Bay and there was almost no current and 60' visibility. I guess things change fast, eh?

Lock 21 is on the Ontario side near Long Sault

but.... I did two dives not too long ago the first at 100 feet and the second at 103.... the water temp was 52. I had on about a 4 or 5 mil suit and was fine. Come on were is your adventure, we are divers. Bah.... on dry suit diving..... we are supposed to get wet.

Rich :mean:

Originally posted by srkdvr
but.... I did two dives not too long ago the first at 100 feet and the second at 103.... the water temp was 52. I had on about a 4 or 5 mil suit and was fine. Come on were is your adventure, we are divers. Bah.... on dry suit diving..... we are supposed to get wet.

Rich :mean:

At 6'0" and 145 lbs, I have far too little body fat to dive wet in anything under 60 degrees. It is so much fun to get out of the water, take the suit off and be dry (or mostly dry) underneath. It occurs to me that dry suits should really take the place of semi-dry suits, since I am almost never completely dry underneath.

my average adventure has me underwater for120 minutes or longer .... try that this weekend in the river; and i agree with the person above i'm 36 and weigh 139 pounds. The only insulation i have is what i put on and keep dry.

Adventure

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing
Helen Keller

:boom:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom