Wreck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by divedude

Boat go in Friday 5/3/02 water temp 36'
Diving Sat.

What you forgot to turn the water heater on, again????? :upset:

after getting quite bored with diving in ontario, two wrecks changed that and reminded my what the big deal was

For deep water the St. James is breath taking

For Recreational limits the Trade winds beats anything i have seen to date.

Wow so many wrecks, and to narrow it down is tough..... but based on the ones I have been on so far my list would look like this.......

Lake Huron: The Northwind in the North Channel above Manitoulin Island, upright on the bottom, lots of penetration from the holds to the engine room, galley, firemans area and tool rooms.

Lake Erie: St. James.....nuf said

Lake Ontario: sort of.... more St Lawrence... Roy A. Jodrey....massive great lakes freighter sank in 1972 I think, deep, darker than the hubs of hell and cold....

Vodoo - gas (great handle) under what god aufull conditions were you diving the Jodery. July August Sept you should have temperatures from 70 to 72 and if it is a sunny day you should have horizontal viz from 50 to 70 feet. and if you are on the stern on a good day you should be able to look up to the surface and enjoy 180 feet of verticle vis.

do like the locals (thats me) and dont dive it till the water hits 65:)

I have dove the St james and that is cold.

Can you tell me more about this other wreck eg. depth, are charters difficult, bottom temp.

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom