dive in kauai hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Third vot the Ultimate Kauai Guidebook. It's great, as is Kauai Underground. Also, if you're looking to shoredive, try shorediving.com. They have great photos to direct you where to park, where to dive. Found it very helpful.

Also, we dove with Bubbles Below. Can't say enough to really express how great they were. Everyone was very knowledgable, and Linda Marsh especially so. She was able to brief us on the behavior we'd see down below, so that when we DID see it, we knew what we were looking at. First Class dive op!

To CA diver - FINS UP!

Another vote for The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook. I believe the same people do similar books for the other islands as well.

I dove with Fathom Five in Kauai last month. I stayed in Lihue and it took about 25 minutes to get to the shop in Poipu in the morning. Did a boat dive but they have shore dives as well. Boat groups are small (6 divers max). We dove Beach House Arch and Sheraton Caverns (old lava tubes). Saw lots of turtles and at least one octopus at each site. Shore diving on the north side was cancelled the week I was there due to the rough surf.

Also took a catamaran tour to the Na Pali coast (the cliffs on the west side of the island that are only accessible by water, air, or skilled hikers) which offered snorkeling and scuba. Unfortunately, it was too rough and we didn't get in the water. We saw a few whale spouts but couldn't get close enough before they dove.

Have fun!

The "generic" dive spots are pretty cool. Lots of really interesting sea life you won't see anywhere else in the world.

HOWEVER... the REAL diving in Kauai is some of the best in the world. Mana Crack can be great and Nihau is just unbelievable. If you are spending the money to be in Kauai you have to at least try to make a Niihau dive. It's a REALL rough boat ride but well worth it.

lynnemari:
We have changed our plans and are going in April of 2006 April 1st. We are staying at Pahio at Kauai beach villas ( a time share ). It is in Lihue, don't know what side of the island its on, but no its not on the north side. I hope we will not be too late to see the humpback whales!! can't wait though and know we will have a good time, any info you can give will be great!
Thanks Lynne

I hope you're able to see the humpack whales. My husband and I got to see quite a few in Maui this past Christmas while returning from a boat dive. It was an awesome experieince!

I leave for kauaii tomorrow! Ive dove previously with Mana Divers and both times it was a great experience. Such a good experience my brother and I got certified with them. We dove Koloa Landing every time, it never gets old. Its a different experience everytime you go down.

Trying to resurrect a couple-month-old thread here....

Two friends are going to be living in Hilo for three months (Sept-Nov), and will be making a trip to Kauai for 5 days early September. They're going to finish their OW checkout dives a day or two prior to going to Kauai, so they will be very novice divers & will actually not have experienced boat diving yet (their checkouts will likely be all shore dives).

They'll be staying in Anini while on Kauai. Recommendations for the very beginner diver who has not yet been on a boat? I'd appreciate dive op recs....it looks like from reading previous threads that the south shore is frequented by divers; they're willing to make the drive down, but if there would be something suitable on the north shore, it'd be more convenient obviously.

Thanks. Any & all info will be passed on,

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom