PADI Wreck dive course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Godly_Diver

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone would like to sign up for this specialty course....I am planning on signing up one with SportsChalet in mid-May or so. We need a minimum of 2 divers to get a good deal. I believe dives will be either at Catalina or San Diego, it's up to the group's choice, I was told.

The real question is what do you really want to do? If you are looking to get into tech diving at some point you will need to find a shop/instructor that can handle your gear and training needs. The PADI class is a good place to start nonetheless, you might be able to go to the oil rigs for the external survey portion of the class depending on who you go through. For the penetration part of the course the Yukon and Ruby E are your best bets for really learning the ropes (pun intended). A group of my friends and I are diving some wrecks off San Pedro this weekend, but two of the dives are outside recreational limits (tech diving) plus one other wreck. Again I can't stress it enough, think about what kind of diving you want to be doing now and later then find a good instructor/store that can help you out.

I simply want to know "is there anyone will be interested in signing up for a Wreck Specialty course by PADI" Sports Chalet can provide these PADI instructed courses with a group rate for 2 or more divers. Basicaly, I am looking for one or more divers who will be interested in this course and we'll take it from there. Plus, how would any diver know what type of wreck diving they will be interested in doing unless they start with some basic instructional course first; and PADI provides that for AOW certified divers.

Godly_Diver:
I simply want to know "is there anyone will be interested in signing up for a Wreck Specialty course by PADI" Sports Chalet can provide these PADI instructed courses with a group rate for 2 or more divers. Basicaly, I am looking for one or more divers who will be interested in this course and we'll take it from there. Plus, how would any diver know what type of wreck diving they will be interested in doing unless they start with some basic instructional course first; and PADI provides that for AOW certified divers.

That's not what I meant. You are going to need a few pieces of gear that can be applied to other classes/dives, and all I am saying is that if you have any tech diving aspirations look beyond Sports Chalet because they aren't equiped to handle that in most cases. Next week there is a meeting geared toward sinking more wrecks along our coastline, May 11th at the Ports O' Call Restaurant in San Pedro - 7pm, if you go you just may run into someone to do your class with and meet other divers as well.

scubahound_1:
That's not what I meant. You are going to need a few pieces of gear that can be applied to other classes/dives, and all I am saying is that if you have any tech diving aspirations look beyond Sports Chalet because they aren't equiped to handle that in most cases. Next week there is a meeting geared toward sinking more wrecks along our coastline, May 11th at the Ports O' Call Restaurant in San Pedro - 7pm, if you go you just may run into someone to do your class with and meet other divers as well.

Hi Scubahound...
Thank you for response back...now I see your point very clearly and yes you are correct, at this point I am simply improving my diving skills and my great interest in wrecks under water is getting me motivated about start learning how to dive to the wreck sites and I may in the future; after a solid number of logged dives, be interested in getting more technical and begin penetrating some wrecks but I am aware that I am still too inexperienced to go to that level.
Also, thank you for the referral to the meeting in San Pedro but my wife and I have sceduled small group meetings on Wednesdays, I can't make it.

Take care and safe diving...
Cheers,
Reha Duzel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom