North Coast Campout and Party reminder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Everyone,
Don't forget about the 4th annual North Coast Dive Party at Ocean Cove this year, August 11-14. This year the theme name of the party will be "LINGZILLA!"
You think your day at Stillwater was good, and you other guys think those lings were cool at Gerstle, well let me tell you, this party is like nothing you've ever seen!
Imagine 4 days of pure hell diving fun!! diving all day, abs, lings, scallops, beer, cookin' and eatin'. Then we wake up the next day and do it all over again!
There's shore diving, kayak diving, boat diving, scuba diving, free diving, whatever you want.
I make several runs out each day. Being the host I always make sure everyone is taken care of.
Each year more and more new people show up that hear about it. It has become legendary!
Plan on being there! You don't want to miss this much fun. Everyone who is smart enough to read Scubaboard "Norcal" (that's the keyword)
Just think, clear bright fresh sea air mornings, diving your brains out all day, back to the group camp you relax, then the cooking starts, an incredible new recipe discovered!, the wine flows, the fire is burning bright, We all laugh and joke and tell stories. The next day it starts over again.
I think Ocean Cove will be a great spot.
I checked on the group sites and all the good ones are taken for the dates I want. One guy reserved all of them! ?
Oh well, I drove around in there and saw some sites all together that will work out even better.
Please respond if you think you may want to be there so I have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

BTW, The campsites are $16 a night and you pay per car. There is no limit for cars in a campsite.

ZKY

I really would like to be there, but I believe that prior "food gathering" missions will impede on my scheduling.

Justin699:
I really would like to be there, but I believe that prior "food gathering" missions will impede on my scheduling.
I understand.
But keep in mind that this party is the Grand King Poobah of ALL food gathering missions!! So plan for next year then.

ZKY

I will certainly keep that in mind!! It sounds like tons of fun!

I'll put it on my schedule as a tentative plan...

I'm so much a novice AB hunter that my first AB trip is this coming weekend, but I'm an avid diver and spearfisherman...

Sounds like fun!

ZKY:
Everyone,
Don't forget about the 4th annual North Coast Dive Party at Ocean Cove this year, August 11-14. This year the theme name of the party will be "LINGZILLA!"
You think your day at Stillwater was good, and you other guys think those lings were cool at Gerstle, well let me tell you, this party is like nothing you've ever seen!
Imagine 4 days of pure hell diving fun!! diving all day, abs, lings, scallops, beer, cookin' and eatin'. Then we wake up the next day and do it all over again!
There's shore diving, kayak diving, boat diving, scuba diving, free diving, whatever you want.
I make several runs out each day. Being the host I always make sure everyone is taken care of.
Each year more and more new people show up that hear about it. It has become legendary!
Plan on being there! You don't want to miss this much fun. Everyone who is smart enough to read Scubaboard "Norcal" (that's the keyword)
Just think, clear bright fresh sea air mornings, diving your brains out all day, back to the group camp you relax, then the cooking starts, an incredible new recipe discovered!, the wine flows, the fire is burning bright, We all laugh and joke and tell stories. The next day it starts over again.
I think Ocean Cove will be a great spot.
I checked on the group sites and all the good ones are taken for the dates I want. One guy reserved all of them! ?
Oh well, I drove around in there and saw some sites all together that will work out even better.
Please respond if you think you may want to be there so I have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

BTW, The campsites are $16 a night and you pay per car. There is no limit for cars in a campsite.

ZKY

For Ocean Cove I would think that you would want to bring a boat, kayak, or inflatable. The better diving is up the shoreline a ways. The cove itself is not that great for diving. Boats will be plowing up and down the waterline at the beach.

Stillwater is my favorite. Gerstle in 2nd place, as far as Sonoma goes. Ocean Cove is perfect for launching boats and diving from them.

triton94949:
For Ocean Cove I would think that you would want to bring a boat, kayak, or inflatable. The better diving is up the shoreline a ways. The cove itself is not that great for diving. Boats will be plowing up and down the waterline at the beach.

Stillwater is my favorite. Gerstle in 2nd place, as far as Sonoma goes. Ocean Cove is perfect for launching boats and diving from them.
That's exactly what we intend to do, just use the cove as a launching spot.
Which reminds me, the more boats we have the better. So, if you or someone you know has a boat or kayak, absolutely bring it.
There are spots along that section of coastline that make Stillwater and Gerstle seem run of the mill, but then maybe it's just because I have dove those two so many times.
Never the less, I want this party to be the biggest and best yet.

FYI, this party, for exception of a core group of regulars, is only being advertised on this board. It started with diver.net but those Socal wimp people were all too intimidated to come up here, so instead I decided to switch it to here.

ZKY

ZKY,

Should we make reservations now? Or wait til later in the summer?

Ericson

ZKY:
That's exactly what we intend to do, just use the cove as a launching spot.
Which reminds me, the more boats we have the better. So, if you or someone you know has a boat or kayak, absolutely bring it.
There are spots along that section of coastline that make Stillwater and Gerstle seem run of the mill, but then maybe it's just because I have dove those two so many times.
Never the less, I want this party to be the biggest and best yet.

FYI, this party, for exception of a core group of regulars, is only being advertised on this board. It started with diver.net but those Socal wimp people were all too intimidated to come up here, so instead I decided to switch it to here.

ZKY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom