So how's Laguna looking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have things cleared up at all in Laguna?

I've heard the reports of LSS overstating the vis, so has anyone actually checked this out in the last day or so, personally?

Christian

Here's what LSS was reporting yesterday at 10am:

Date: 4/26/2005
Time: 10:00 am
Surf: 1 ft to 3 ft
Surge: 2ft - 3ft
Visibility: 10 ft - 15 ft
Temperature: 59 Water Air 65

Can anyone confirm or deny this clame of 10 ft - 15 ft? It sounds really good, but I'm not sure it's accurate.

Is it sad that I just caught my self saying that 10ft - 15ft is really good?

Christian

OK today this is the report by LSS:

Date: 4/27/2005
Time: 5;00 PM
Visibility: 10 ft - 15 ft

Maybe I'll just have to slide down there tomorrow and see if it's true.

Christian

I heard froma dive buddy that went last night of 5-10 ft at Shaw's cove.

Well, this is the report from LSS today:

Date: 4/28/2005
Time: 10:00 AM
Visibility: gooey brown

I just heard from dazedone, who is looking at conditions in Laguna from the surface and right now and he says that Crescent looks pretty good, Shaw's looks a little brown and anything further south looks just plain ugly.

So, I'm loading up the car and heading down to do a dive or 2 or 3. Looks like Robert Phillips may join me at about 2 or 3 and then dazedone will join me for a dive at about 5 and then we may do a night dive if conditions were nice. I think that all dives will be on Deadman's, since it looks like that's where the vis might be best.

We'll be parked at North Crescent if you want to join in the fun.

Christian

headhunter:
Well, this is the report from LSS today:

Date: 4/28/2005
Time: 10:00 AM
Visibility: gooey brown

I just heard from dazedone, who is looking at conditions in Laguna from the surface and right now and he says that Crescent looks pretty good, Shaw's looks a little brown and anything further south looks just plain ugly.

So, I'm loading up the car and heading down to do a dive or 2 or 3. Looks like Robert Phillips may join me at about 2 or 3 and then dazedone will join me for a dive at about 5 and then we may do a night dive if conditions were nice. I think that all dives will be on Deadman's, since it looks like that's where the vis might be best.

We'll be parked at North Crescent if you want to join in the fun.

Christian

Hey Christian,
Hope you had some decent dives this afternoon and evening...do you mind letting us know how the conditions were? Considering a dive tomorrow afternoon if worth it.
Cheers...
R. Duzel

I spoke with Christian post dives and he indicated that the vis was decent (20ft or so). He made two dives so I guess that's a good indication and I'm sure that he will post more tomorrow or later tonight.

The vis was only decent (15') out at deadmans, the stuff closer to shore was terrible (5-7'). There was a decent surge even at 50'. So stretch those leg muscles and make the swim out to Deadman's if you want any kind of vis.

By the way, kudos to Christian, he got us exactly on top of deadman's at the point we dropped down!

dazedone:
By the way, kudos to Christian, he got us exactly on top of deadman's at the point we dropped down!

Cool! Hey Christian, care to share how you did this? :eyebrow:

jetfixer:
Cool! Hey Christian, care to share how you did this? :eyebrow:

Love to hear it from Christian as well but I asked a regular diver to the spot; he told me this:

"Head out from the beach, near the showers and
bathrooms, at compas heading 210 for approximately 200 yds. (If you
go to the west end you can make corrections
accordingly). Then drop down and you should be right
on it."

Cheers,
R.Duzel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom