Lake Travis, Mansfield Dam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SueJ

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I just wanted to give everyone in the area an invite - I've got reservations at Mansfield Dam (site #3) for June 22 & 23 Saturday/Sunday. We'll be camping and of course, diving! The majority of our diving will probably be on Saturday. If anyone is in the area and wants to stop by to dive or camp with us, it would be great to see everyone again!

I've also got site # 1 booked over the July 4th weekend (from the 4 - 7). If anyone is interested in another long weekend there.

Sue

Thanks for the invite. We will be in Puerto Rico for a conference and will try to dive Culebra and Vieques.

Maybe we can make it for the 4th.

-DD

Thanks for the invite, but I think we're DM'ing that weekend in June.

We've been talking about moving back to Windy Point where there aren't any stairs!

Sounds fun! We really ejoyed diving Mansfield Dam from the campsites last time and would love to do it again. =] I personally liked the fact that there is waaaaaay less fish at the Dam versus Windy Point. Those big catfish still scare the breath out of me when they swim at me/my light out of the gloom.

And the stairs are getting pretty much equal between Windy Point and Mansfield Dam now that the water level is dropping and dropping...

We're off to dive Windy Point this evening. :)

Thanks for the invite SueJ! We look forward to seeing you and yours again.

I'm out that weekend......gotsta move to my new digs.

Originally posted by MightyDiver
...And the stairs are getting pretty much equal between Windy Point and Mansfield Dam now that the water level is dropping and dropping...

I didn't think about the lake levels being so low. You're right...there's stairs either way you go!

Last time we were at Windy Point the water was waist deep standing on the TOP step!

Originally posted by TexasMike
I'm out that weekend......gotsta move to my new digs.

I wish I could be there too, but I need to stay close to town for awhile...the people at my church are beginning to notice my absences LOL

Hey Mike: where are you moving to?

Originally posted by Dee

I didn't think about the lake levels being so low. You're right...there's stairs either way you go!

Last time we were at Windy Point the water was waist deep standing on the TOP step!

I believe it was waist deep (or pretty close) at the top the last time I was there, too, Dee.

Another feature about Windy Point that I like is that the air fills are on sight, and you don't have to leave to get your tanks filled.

Ken

...same square footage, but rent's much less. So more dough for toys (and why do I hear Ronbo giggling?)

Originally posted by Dee

No longer my friends!

I was at Windy Point DMing on Sunday - - The water is down about 10 feet & dropping. It's now about 3 steps down below the SECOND platform of the stairs to the right [the ones that go all the way down to the training platform!

I still ache from 2 years ago when the lake was down 40 feet and I did the 30ft scramble from the lowest stair at Mansfield Park to the water - It's probably pretty close to the water now!

Back
Top Bottom