Sound off!! Whats your favorite Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like my SP Mk25/S600, but I've recently become a convert to Aqualung Legend LX Supreme.

Atomic of course! Currantly using M-1 with Z-1 Octo! :07:

I like my Mares Abyss Tytanium (It is very good), but I'm thinkig of Buying Apeks ATX50 / DS4...

havaiisteve:
OK, here is my first post...and I'm a newbie…so take this for what it is worth! I love to research and here is what I find on eBay

Atomic---nobody sells their used gear! Conclusion: They love what they have and never seem to upgrade!

Scuba Pro...lots and lots for sale both new and used. Most used stuff seems to be fairly current or very current. Conclusion(s): Scuba Pro owner upgrade regularly to the hottest new model, or Scuba Pro owners are not as satisfied as Atomic owners, or Scuba Pro out sell ATOMIC by about 100:1 and hence there will be a whole lot more used regulators to sell
My guess is that this is most accurate - from reading ScubaBoard re: researching my choice.

APECKS... a little used for sale, but not much: Conclusion(s) What little used regulators are for sale are model that have been around 2 to 3 years...so that suggests a high degree of satisfaction and moderate trade up fever! If scuba pro outsells APECK by 50:1, then I would say Scuba Pro folks are about as satisfied with their regulators as APECKS owners are.

I was focused on Atomic, Scuba Pro and APECKS, so didn't pay a lot of attention to the other makers.

From what I've read here, other board, mag ratings and eBay sales...I would guess that it would be hard to go wrong with all three, but that edge goes to ATOMIC and APECKS.

Fire away; there are admitably other ways of interpreting the eBay auction data!

Thanks for the post, another viewpoint for consideration.

Z1 here it Rocks

Since I ordered it this afternoon I'd have to say: ATOMIC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom