Diveyak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Floridawannabe:
Yep, I have a two seater and it is great. I think that the wind deal was because I was trying to kayak solo and the front was up in the air. Maybe next time I will try to sit in the front and try it again. I love the Diveyak and plan on using it a lot this summer to get into shape and explore the local rivers and lakes around here. I hope you and Danobee have a great time with both of your DiveYaks. They are a good investment I think.

I've been waiting for enough encouragement to buy one, and I think I have it now...

Supposing I get one in the next few weeks, I'd be available for other Monterey divers to buddy with...

I typically dive solo, but would love company...

If I have a two person yak, with just me, I suppose I could carry enough tanks for two dives...Yes?

Which model of two person yak is recommended...? It appears that there are two companies making two-person yaks, true?

:wink:

scubasean:
I've been waiting for enough encouragement to buy one, and I think I have it now...

Supposing I get one in the next few weeks, I'd be available for other Monterey divers to buddy with...

I typically dive solo, but would love company...

If I have a two person yak, with just me, I suppose I could carry enough tanks for two dives...Yes?

Which model of two person yak is recommended...? It appears that there are two companies making two-person yaks, true?:wink:

GO to ScubaDestination.com they are out of CA and they treated me right. Make sure you go to your friendly Wal-Mart and buy a nice hand pump that pumps both up and down and also deflates. It only cost me $10. and it is great, the foot pump that comes with the Diveyak is alright but gave out only after 5 uses. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Now if you live in CA you might have to pay taxes if ordered through them so another place might be Leisurepro.com and I do not know where they are based out of. Hope this helps.

Floridawannabe:
GO to ScubaDestination.com they are out of CA and they treated me right. Make sure you go to your friendly Wal-Mart and buy a nice hand pump that pumps both up and down and also deflates. It only cost me $10. and it is great, the foot pump that comes with the Diveyak is alright but gave out only after 5 uses. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Now if you live in CA you might have to pay taxes if ordered through them so another place might be Leisurepro.com and I do not know where they are based out of. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Another place I found is diveus.com, out of San Diego. They did me right when I ordered a SeaDoo scooter six or eight months ago.

I'll call both. :)

By Scubasean: "Which model of two person yak is recommended...? It appears that there are two companies making two-person yaks, true?"

I was wondering about that too. there is this one:http://www.scubadestination.com/product/348/kayaks/dive_kayaks/sevylor_super_dive_kayak/# that I've seen for around $525.

And this one:http://www.scubadestination.com/product/347/kayaks/dive_kayaks/sevylor_diveyak_two_person/ that usually goes for around $360. Also, has anyone tried them out with a small outboard motor?

Floridawannabe,

Try placing some ballast on the front seat the next time. Getting the bow down into the water will improve its handling.

dkramer:
Floridawannabe,

Try placing some ballast on the front seat the next time. Getting the bow down into the water will improve its handling.

Yea, I stuck my 15 year old daughter on the front when we went to Florida and Emily's bands made the waves 4 to 6 feet maybe taller but not sure. We had a blast on it, she would scream are we going to tip over and we would go over the wave. We never tipped it except when a wave caught the tail end going back in near shore. I had a blast while I was down there. We used it a couple of times to dive off of but my dive buddy is still not sure about it and going out far. So, I will still use it for exercise and go off of it in the lakes up here, till he gets up his nerve to go out far and feel safe. I had a great time with it in Florida with the kids and the times I did use it. :D I will have pictures from my boat dives as soon as I take them in to be developed.

Yepper, Kayaks are a blast! I have a Cobra Fish/Dive Kayak & I love it! I actually feel safer using it because I tow it with me as I dive. It provides a nice, visable platform for your dive flag & when you come up, you always come up right to the boat. Be careful though, it's a little hard to try and out run a storm in one. I don't know how far out you're going but, be sure to keep an eye on the sky. If ya'll ever get to Florida's west coast, give a holler!

can somebody help me out to fix an eletrci motor on the Diveyak st5696?

Have anybody already done its?

regards

Marco

I did a lot of kayaking in Connecticut and swore by paddling singles. I often referred to tandem as "paying for a divorce." Diving is a different ballgame. The kayak ceases to be the adventure and becomes a tool. For diving, a tandem kayak makes sense because you should be diving with a buddy anyhow. Having to tie two singles together once at the site doesn't make sense. You want something with a good mix of stability and speed (often one is sacrificed for the other). My yak is hard-shelled and self bailing. As nemrod said, double check to make sure everything is secured.

My regular dive buddy and I have gone out with some friends who dive from an inflatable. They were able to keep up with our longer boat and then climb in and out without a problem. I don't know the brand of yak they had.

Back
Top Bottom