TSDT Memorial Day -It has begun! News on 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davidofaustin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Not only has the TSDT Memorial Dive kicked off, we have NEWS coverage... Seems channel 8 in Austin was out at the lake looking for wild parties, crazed boaters, and - couldnt find any, so they picked on our group with a back to back live interview for the local news. I will let those actually involved - brag later..
I stopped by after work for a few hours and then came home to pack. Ill be goin back in the morning...

Dave

I'm jealous! Sounds like you guys are having an awesome time! I want to hear all the details when everyone gets back!:)

Kayla:)

Wow,

I am really impressed. You guys must have really put on a good show to have made the news.

It is the local "Cable News Channel" , so they stay kind of desperate for news of any kind. (they are on 24 hrs a day)

Wish you could be here - its fun to meet everyone!

Speaking of :tease: How come, a super regulator, such as yourself, doesnt have a Picture posted?
:confused:

Have some fun - go diving with the TSDT

Dave:blfish:

MightyScuba and I had a very nice time meeting so many fellow diving Texans over the past three days. It was our first time being amongst other divers and we thank you for being very kind, helpful and funny people. You made two newbies feel very welcome. =] We had some very good dives this weekend and learned quite a bit just from listening and looking around us. Thank you for sharing so freely of your knowledge and experience. We hope to dive with you in the future!=]

Hey, DavidofAustin, are you going to post any of the pictures you took? As usual, we brought our camera and left it in the car forgotten. sigh.

Why of course. As soon as I see if they develop. Durned ol film cameras!

I really enjoyed meeting you MightyDiver, and I'll be proud to dive with ya'll, any time you want. Thanks for coming out to the park, and I am POSITIVE that I speak for everyone when I say we were happy you made it.

Dave

For me that is. I had a cool diving,spontanious laughing,uncontrolable handshaking,humongous over-eating,Ex-
cited to meet and dive with all that was there great time at Lake
Travis.Whew....didn`t think I could put all that down at one time.

Thanks to everyone that I had the pleasure to meet and cook for.I am allready looking forward to the next time .And yes...I love the smell of charcol anytime.Hey davidofaustin...Bud if you can ,I would like a copy of the news shot...I gota see it.Not just cause I was in it or nothing like that...of coarse......:wink: Had a blast diving with ya.I`ll holler when I get the urge to get back up there...sooner that you might think!:D

I had a great time too, I would especially like to thank Mike for organizing the event (I hope you will organize more!) and Dee and Doug for cooking every single meal! I am used to roughing it when I camp and they really made gourmet camp meals that were way beyond my expectations. A lot of other people cooked too, however I am not sure exactly who made what. For example the deep fried bass was awesome, the brownies, jalapeno cornbread muffins etc etc were really the best camp food I have ever had.

By the way I changed my nickname to seabass because I love to eat chilean seabass.

ach*n

I just put down my deposit for the Flower Gardens trip on July 6 and 7 (100 deposit, $357 total) . After talking you guys this weekend, I am really excited to go (hopefully it doesn't get cancelled). I registered through Tom's dive shop in Austin who have a lot of spots open in July.

Just got back to the apt. in Houston, lugged all the camp and dive gear up the stairs, and took my shower! Brenda and Jodi still have 2 or 3 hours to home, but alas, tomorrow is a work day. :(
I'm sure when Dee gets on tonight she'll post a report of our weekend, but just wanted to tell ya' all I'm a fixin' to load up the pictures I took and zip 'em in to a file. Just drop a PM and e-mail addy and I'll send em on.
Steve, I picked up your termo for the fish fryer too, if you're hunting it. Good cookin' dude and I REALLY enjoyed our night dives. Scott and Sue had some chicken (TexasMike too) so I fired up that big pit once again and dipped the bird in some of Brenda's homemade BBQ sause and we feasted again! See ya Wednesday at Twin Lakes.
Well, better get off and look at some pictures.

tony

ps. dang, Tony, you had me thinking I missed taking a picture of somebody :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom