Eye infections from spitting in mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... is a cheap imported knock-off of the original...
Uncle Pug Spit

Do not be fooled by low prices and slick advertisements.

Only Uncle Pug Spit is DIR!
Dive Safe...
use Uncle Pug Spit before every dive...
O2 compatible and suitable for goober lubin' yer o-rings....
also adds an extra kick to your post-dive chili...

I think it's highly unlikely to get an infection from your own spit. However, what's scenario on most dive boats? Why gee, at the back of the boat is a communal rinse bucket. You rinse your mask, everyone else does too. Now whose spit is in your mask? It doesn't matter what you put in your own mask, you're still getting what everyone else put in theirs too.

Tom

Originally posted by WreckWriter
I think it's highly unlikely to get an infection from your own spit. However, what's scenario on most dive boats? Why gee, at the back of the boat is a communal rinse bucket. You rinse your mask, everyone else does too. Now whose spit is in your mask? It doesn't matter what you put in your own mask, you're still getting what everyone else put in theirs too.

Tom
Personally, I never use the communal rinse bucket. Either about two tablespoons from my bottle of drinking water or a quick clearing after I get in the water, but the communal rinse bucket is not for me...
Rick :)

Well, after reading all the "spit works great for defogging" posts on the board I decided I'd try it today when I was fogged and away from any commercial defogger. But, I didn't have any spit so I licked the lens.

Worked like a charm! Even better than the 500psi and the Aqua-something defoggers I've been using. Now I consider what I injested....eeeewwwww.

Back
Top Bottom