What’s your favorite pair of fins and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sfsusa:
Used more than 12 different fins in the past 15 years. Scubapro, Mares, US divers, Cressi, Aeris etc. The best one for me is the Atomic Split Fins. The Atomic fins are powerful, easy to put on and off in any conditions. I would recommend to try them and see a difference.

My personal opinion: one of the best Fins on the market now.

Have fun diving.
Ditto - used Jets for many years (>10). A buddy had me try his Atomics, I'm convinced.

That said, it's all about what you like - ain't one better than the other except for the one that's right for you (except maybe Force fins... ;-)

Have used jet fins for thirty years. Took an instructor course years ago, and one of the guys on the course, could not make the time allowed on the surface swim with full gear without using jet fins. But they are heavy.

I LOVE my Apollo Bio-Fins with spring straps. They feel like you're wearing nothing in the water, but I cover distance with a lot less effort than my dive buddy. Surface swims have gotten so much nicer now that I got my Bios. Like someone else mentioned, I always have to slow down for people with paddle fins. I've not tried the Atomic splits, but I really prefer the Apollos to the Tusa XPert Zooms.

doesnt get any beter then jet fins been around forever and still are the best great speed and awsome responce get springs!

Boogie711:
There are two types of fins out there:

... and then below the crap scale are Force Fins. They're evil and should be burned to save our souls from the evil they posess.

:)

Stop the abuse! Force fins aren't evil just misunderstood. Thats why we here at force fin rescue will lovingly care for and provide homes for abused or neglected force fins. Please don't burn them or abandon them in a dumpster- these domestic fins are not able to survive in the wild. We have found that with a little love and training force fins can become a beloved part of any scuba gear family. We are experienced force fin handlers who have sucessfully returned unwanted force fins to a useful and productive state. We will gladly accept any unwanted force fins or cash donations! Thank-you,
Force Fin Rescue

I come from the "dark side". Yes I just bought my third pair of Force Fins and second pair of Tan Deltas so I can now use them to dive dry as well. Started out life with a pair of ugly blue rubber full foot pocket French Champions a very very long time ago. Moved into the Jet style and a few years ago I was introduced to the Force Fin. Like most people I had seen the advertisement in magazines but never thought they could deliver as promised until I tried them. It was love at first kick. Yes they maybe the "deivl's spawn" but cramps are a thing of the past.
Couple of years back I broke a Force Fin strap in Nassau and continued to dive for a week without one. Not having a fin strap made it easer to get the fin on or off. A diver on one of the dive trips thought it was cool and took off his straps. The newbee's fins are at the bottom of a 1500 ft trench.
The Force Fin is not for everyone but for those that have mastered the art of using this fin we have found the Holy Grail of fins. Step on over to the dark side by having someone show you how to use them and maybe you will stay like us. The dive is way nicer on the dark side.

Geeesh alot a talk about fins here.
I have tried alot of fins on alot of dives and never found a fin that would take the joy out of diving yet. fins dont make a diver! but a dive makes you a diver.

My 2 psi

GotAir

I've been diving the same pair of force fins now for about eight or so years. I've had oppertunities to try just about every fin that's out there, but always end up back with my force fins. Now more then ever, with my knees almost completely shot I really appreciate my force fins. I've always been able to keep up to who ever I've been diving with, with out putting any effort into swiming. I've chased down run away students in all kinds of courses and never had a problem catching them. The nicest thing has been that they don't put any stress on my legs or on my joints ( especially my knees ).

Scubapro Jet fins of course. tuff and simple the best part about it I got mine for a 6 pack of beer. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom